Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for a connector to attach this too
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dennisphelan
my 75 2.0 wiring harness has this connector on the passenger side rear engine compartment looking for something to attach it too. The wire color (white) makes me think it is a ground, but the connector on the end has me confused. See picture.

I also need to connect three spade connectors to a ground connector on the motor. I seem to have lost the three spade connector that was mounted on the motor. I suppose I can make something, but wondering if anyone out there knew where I could get one.

Thanks - Merry Christmas to all Click to view attachment
sithot
QUOTE(dennisphelan @ Dec 23 2018, 10:19 PM) *

my 75 2.0 wiring harness has this connector on the passenger side rear engine compartment looking for something to attach it too. The wire color (white) makes me think it is a ground, but the connector on the end has me confused. See picture.

I also need to connect three spade connectors to a ground connector on the motor. I seem to have lost the three spade connector that was mounted on the motor. I suppose I can make something, but wondering if anyone out there knew where I could get one.

Thanks - Merry Christmas to all Click to view attachment

Eagle Day has all sorts of Porsche connectors.
http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/34wayma6blco.html

Good luck
914Sixer
That connects to cylinder head temp sensor. Somebody may have spare case ground.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 23 2018, 10:59 PM) *

That connects to cylinder head temp sensor.

Yes. That is one of the most critical sensors on D-jet (or L-jet for that matter). Car will flood almost immediately without that connected properly to a functioning CHT.

It's probably just the lighting of the pic, but I can't see the CHT. There should be a hole in the tin sort of in between the runners. The CHT is threaded (carefully) into the head under there with the wire lead coming out of the hole and attaching to the at connector.
rick 918-S
There is a black wire in the photo laying on the engine tin between the intake runners with a female connector. That may be your CHT.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 24 2018, 09:45 AM) *

There is a black wire in the photo laying on the engine tin between the intake runners with a female connector. That may be your CHT.

Bingo !
ndfrigi
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 24 2018, 06:45 AM) *

wow nice eye sir Rick!
Dave_Darling
The multiple ground point is a washer with three tabs on it. Not hard to cut out of sheet metal if you have a few tools and some creativity.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.