Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 factory tool kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
a914luvr
---SOLD---

I believe this kit is correct and complete, other than the newer belt. Chime in if I'm mistaken. $2250 shipped.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
Nice one Glenn! May want to post over on the earlyS, same kit for the early 911's without the tow eye. You have the good open end wrenches that have the milled ends so priced about right with those. GLWS!
burton73
“I believe this kit is correct and complete, other than the newer belt. Chime in if I'm mistaken”

I question the screwdrivers. There are repos on eBay or from others. They still cost a lot but the ones back in the 70s are not around. The patina on the bag looks right. I know this as my car not driven from 1985, stored in garage and had a tool kit in it and the bag looks like this.

You said to chime in if you are mistaken

Bob
Mike Fitton
Bob might be right on the screwdrivers, the slotted one looks suspect to me with that protrusion around the shaft. My original kit both red handles are the same size and look like Philips head one.
TJB/914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 24 2018, 03:58 PM) *

“I believe this kit is correct and complete, other than the newer belt. Chime in if I'm mistaken”

I question the screwdrivers. There are repos on eBay or from others. They still cost a lot but the ones back in the 70s are not around. The patina on the bag looks right. I know this as my car not driven from 1985, stored in garage and had a tool kit in it and the bag looks like this.

Bob

The red screw drivers look correct in my opinion. I had these a long time ago that came from an original 914-6 tool kit.
Tom
TJB/914
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Dec 24 2018, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 24 2018, 03:58 PM) *

Bob

The red screw drivers look correct in my opinion. I had these a long time ago that came from an original 914-6 tool kit.
Tom

Fair & good price for an item that never comes up FS.
T
gereed75
This site is correct

http://www.p914.com/p914-6_tools_screwdriver.htm

I beleive those are correct screwdrivers

I am not a 914-6 tool expert but you don’t need to be because that website is comprehensive, correct and detailed, including all of the nuanced differences that make some six tools unique from 911 tools.
Mike Fitton
Then there were several different versions of the screwdrivers, here are mine from my original tool kit. Both red handles were the same size.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
This thread made me curious.
I'm surprised at the detail differences.
These have been in my kits for over twenty five years.
a914luvr
Thanks for all the input guys, this was educational and interesting. The tool kit is now SOLD.
gereed75
There are a lot of variations. Believe Glens pieces were correct. Their is enough variation in real drivers that I would not say that the other examples are not correct.

There are some nice repops out there. The ones I had were mainly different in how far the steel shanks went up into the plastic handle. Replaced them with a set that I think matched Glenn’s, at 4x the price.

Would post pics but away from home for holidays. Merry Christmas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.