Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery payment for parts.... did you send it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Ok this may seem crazy, but today I received a MO from someone for parts. It's always nice to receive $$, but I have no idea what this is for. There is no return address on the envelope and no note with the payment.

I have checked all my PMs here, my email, facebook messages (both personal & business) Pelican, ebay messages and my note book and have no clue who this is from. blink.gif

I have checked all my posts on parts I was selling and have sold and all is accounted for so...…. Either my memory is really failing me (which is very possible) or I was sent money by mistake or?????

Anyway if you think you bought parts from me in the last few weeks and recently sent me a money order please PM me. If this was for a few $$ I wouldn't be to worried about it, but it is a good dollar amount and I don't want to cheat anyone out of their hard earned $$. Cancel date on the envelope is Dec 21st from Grand Forks ND

I guess I will hear from them in the next or so also if I promised parts and haven't sent them yet. confused24.gif
seanery
was it a lot? If so, it was probably from me! ;-)
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 26 2018, 02:47 PM) *

was it a lot? If so, it was probably from me! ;-)

slap.gif
76-914
Not me but I'm certainly capable of that kind of screw up. A few years back I missed a digit or letter and ended up sending some honest soul a couple of hundred for some 914 parts. I realized it the next day and though "Oh shit" I just threw that away. I contacted him and he didn't hesitate to return the payment. He even said, "I wondered who sent me $$$ and for what?" I'll add you to my very short list of Honest John's. beerchug.gif
mlindner
Good for you to post Garold. Happy New Year, Mark
Rand
Somebody out there wants their umbrella cover.
PanelBilly
It’s from me. Yah, I sent you a hund..thous....a MILLiON dollars. Yah that’s the ticket. A million bucks and I want change for that order.
db9146
Sure Garold, one straight answer out of this crew coming right up!!!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(db9146 @ Dec 26 2018, 06:50 PM) *

Sure Garold, one straight answer out of this crew coming right up!!!

I know I know, but there is always hope. laugh.gif
ConeDodger
Wasn’t me. I’ve been using modern payment methods for years... lol-2.gif
mb911
I get the same thing from time to time.. It makes me nervous for sure..
euro911
I've received M/Os that just say "thanks", but there's usually some other sort of connecting info that allows me to deduce who the sender was.

I always put my real name and screen name on checks or M/Os that I send to a seller, as well as what the payment is for.
Unobtanium-inc
Are you sure it was for parts? Are you still you dancing down at the Man-Hole? Maybe it was just a tip....
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Dec 26 2018, 10:13 PM) *

Are you sure it was for parts? Are you still you dancing down at the Man-Hole? Maybe it was just a tip....

Ah, the voice of experience I see. Are you still headlining at the Blue Oyster "salad" bar??
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Dec 27 2018, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Dec 26 2018, 10:13 PM) *

Ah, the voice of experience I see. Are you still headlining at the Blue Oyster "salad" bar??

Alas, no, but I probably still have the moves, I wonder if the leather pants still fit?
mepstein
When I did the steel flare group buy, I got MO's without any info or signature. Maybe 5 or 6 out of 40 payments. It all worked out but it was pretty funny.
GeorgeRud
By chance does the money order company have any way to trace the sender?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.