Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free to good home - steel wheels (3) VW and (1) 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
AlanG1973
I have three of these VW steel 15" four lug wheels and what I believe to be one stock 914 steel wheel. I actually really like the design of the Brazilian VW wheels but they do not seem to fit over the brake calipers on a 1973 914.

Tires hold air but are old and dry rotted and are not safe.

I have these listed for sale on Craigslist for $80 but if a member can use them they are yours for free. Local pickup in Long Beach only.
Tdskip
Welcome to 914 World, lots of people here in SoCal.
ndfrigi
Here is Alan’s 73 1.7 with Djet engine installation last year.

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
What is the stamping on the one 914 wheel? It should be ET 40 or 46. I forget which. The VW wheels fit but the offset is more so it limits the size of the wheel you can use.

@AlanG1973

welcome.png
AlanG1973
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 28 2018, 06:13 AM) *

Welcome to 914 World, lots of people here in SoCal.

Hey there Tom! If I'm not mistaken I sat next to you at the holiday gathering. Thanks for the welcome:)
AlanG1973
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 29 2018, 06:00 AM) *

What is the stamping on the one 914 wheel? It should be ET 40 or 46. I forget which. The VW wheels fit but the offset is more so it limits the size of the wheel you can use.

@AlanG1973

welcome.png

Hey there Bruce! I'm not noticing a stamping on (what I believe to be) the 914 wheel. Where would I look?

The Brazilian wheels would not mount over the brake calipers on my 1973. They fit great when the calipers were not installed - I bought the car with the brake system removed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.