Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RT 66 rally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Any word on the 66 rally this year.
914_teener
Well.....are you stepping up?

WCR is in So Cal next year....I'm not saying where as it is a surprise! I'd get harmed if I tell.
rhodyguy
My understanding is the WCR shall take place in Southern California. That narrows it down a bit.
76-914
IMHO. we should do AZ again or just skip it and everyone save their $$$ for WCR. Or maybe Rt66 should go off track and look at Bryce or Zion if no one wants to do AZ again. confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
Larmo63
We have to do Route 66.

I thought Palm Springs was fun.

Oatman again?
Coondog
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 28 2018, 03:59 PM) *

WCR is in So Cal next year....I'm not saying where as it is a surprise! I'd get harmed if I tell.

Cats already out of the bag. Driving routes were announced at last weeks Xmas lunch get together.
wes
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 28 2018, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 28 2018, 03:59 PM) *

Cats already out of the bag. Driving routes were announced at last weeks Xmas lunch get together.

So when dose it become public, or did I miss it? w00t.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 28 2018, 09:00 PM) *

We have to do Route 66.

I thought Palm Springs was fun.

Oatman again?

We could do a 3-day weekend at Havasu and drive to Oatman-Kingman for lunch (4 hours) on Friday and go over Parker Dam and hit some backroads in CA on Saturday. Group dinner Sat night and head home on Sunday.
Looking at the calendar April 12-14 or 26-28 seem to be the best dates. The in between weekend is Easter.
Steve
We could do the same route as last year, but skip the night in Scottsdale since PMS probably wouldn’t want to host us again.
Larmo63
Oatman/Havasu is closer.
michael7810
I vote for Oatman/Havasu
mgp4591
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Dec 29 2018, 12:58 PM) *

I vote for Oatman/Havasu

I'm in for that... driving.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 29 2018, 11:38 AM) *

Oatman/Havasu is closer.

22 1/2 hours driving.gif vs 21 1/2 hours to Phoenix confused24.gif

unless I wait for WCR
Chris914n6
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Dec 29 2018, 11:58 AM) *

I vote for Oatman/Havasu

Me too. Only a 2.5 hour drive. Nice and short for a change smile.gif
michael7810
seems like we have somewhat of a concensus on the location so the question is the weekend before or after Easter. Reply if you have a preference
76-914
I have a good friend in Havasu I'd like to see. My AC will come in handy too! beerchug.gif
brant
Long haul.

Whew.
StratPlayer
With the WCR following soon after, I might have to skip the 66 rally and go to the WCR in southern cal.
michael7810
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 29 2018, 07:03 PM) *

I have a good friend in Havasu I'd like to see. My AC will come in handy too! beerchug.gif

Hey @76-914 can your friend give us a couple hotel recommendations? I'll make the calls but have no ideal where or where not to stay in LH. Thanks
VegasRacer
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Dec 31 2018, 11:03 AM) *

can your friend give us a couple hotel recommendations? I'll make the calls but have no ideal where or where not to stay in LH. Thanks

When we had the Rt 66 event in Havasu in 2012 we stayed at the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, 245 London Bridge Road. They gave us a reserved parking area, allowed us to have a parking lot BBQ, and even put our name on the marquee. It was also walking distance to the Brewery for the awards banquet.
kgruen2
Sounds like fun. Sign me up. I'll bring my 914, unless sold by then, then I'll bring my Audi R8 (if the group approves).
76-914
@michael7810 I have to agree with John @VegasRacer . It was a great time and all that he said is true. That was my first Rt66 and the first time I drove the black teener, albeit with a 4 banger. Anyone remember when @JRust dropped a spark plug down into the cylinder? I still can't believe he got that out. Determination can move the world, eh! And when @Elliot_Cannon got pissed and left the caravan after our 3rd unscheduled stop. Some things never change. av-943.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 31 2018, 05:30 PM) *

@michael7810 I have to agree with John @VegasRacer . It was a great time and all that he said is true. That was my first Rt66 and the first time I drove the black teener, albeit with a 4 banger. Anyone remember when @JRust dropped a spark plug down into the cylinder? I still can't believe he got that out. Determination can move the world, eh! And when @Elliot_Cannon got pissed and left the caravan after our 3rd unscheduled stop. Some things never change. av-943.gif

OK I’ll call the Hampton Inn. 2012 was also my first Rt 66 and I remember the spark plug mishap and the miraculous retrieval. I’ll start an OFFICIAL thread after I lock down the hotel. This will be a low budget event unless someone wants to step up for awards, swag and t-shirts.
Rand
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 28 2018, 02:59 PM) *

This doesn't feel like WCR at all. The only reason you would be harmed is if you were secretly planning WCR plans for the 66! LOL
stevend914
Looking at the calendar April 12-14 or 26-28 seem to be the best dates. The in between weekend is Easter.
[/quote]

I have a better chance at making it on the 12th than on the 26th
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.