Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 motor and wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
lwells8433
1.7l motor out of 1973 914.

Motor sat for over 30 years got the injectors rebuilt flushed the fluids. Got the distributor rebuilt new points. About a week after I picked up the car we got the motor running and then started the restoration. After the start of the restoration a buddy of my father in mentioned he had a 2.0l so we ended up going that way. I’m asking 600obo for motor. I also have the mahle wheels that came in the car powdered coated the original steel color I was going to use then but my buddy gave me 5 lug wheels so I went 5 lug instead. One of the wheels is bent but I was told it can be fixed. I’m asking 500obo for the wheels. The wheels are a full set of 4 and includes the spare wheel. Dm I need gone
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Please clarify how many wheel you have an post a picture of the bent wheel.

"The wheels are a full set of 4 and includes the spare wheel."
Is the spare a steel wheel?
Pictures of all wheels would really help. Tires included ? Tire condition?

Some can be fixed but the cost can exceed the value of the wheel. I am not sure if the magnesium Mahle wheels can be straightened. Good price for the wheels but than you have to get another one and powder coat to match.

welcome.png
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 29 2018, 08:54 AM) *

Some can be fixed but the cost can exceed the value of the wheel. I am not sure if the magnesium Mahle wheels can be straightened. Good price for the wheels but than you have to get another one and powder coat to match.

welcome.png

4 lug Mahle’s are cast aluminum. Only the 5 lug gas burners are mag.
TravisNeff
Great deal on both engine and wheels, GLWTS!
lwells8433
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 29 2018, 08:54 AM) *

welcome.png

I have the full set of the wheels plus the spare wheel. So all 4 wheels have tires mounted and balanced. The spare wheel does not have a tire on it. The tires I think are about 6 years old but brand new. My father in-law use to own a restoration company and had the tires but never put them on a car. My tire guy told me the wheel is able to be straightened the price I am not sure about. If you are interested my number is 562-756-3822. It’s easier to send pictures that way. I have a hard time uploading to here
Tdskip
I will take the wheels
jaminhunt
I'll take the Engine. Best, TIM
mepstein
QUOTE(jaminhunt @ Jan 8 2019, 05:19 PM) *

welcome.png

The more running east coast 914's, the better.
56kabrio
QUOTE(lwells8433 @ Dec 28 2018, 11:36 PM) *

1.7l motor out of 1973 914.

Motor sat for over 30 years got the injectors rebuilt flushed the fluids. Got the distributor rebuilt new points. About a week after I picked up the car we got the motor running and then started the restoration. After the start of the restoration a buddy of my father in mentioned he had a 2.0l so we ended up going that way. I’m asking 600obo for motor. I also have the mahle wheels that came in the car powdered coated the original steel color I was going to use then but my buddy gave me 5 lug wheels so I went 5 lug instead. One of the wheels is bent but I was told it can be fixed. I’m asking 500obo for the wheels. The wheels are a full set of 4 and includes the spare wheel. Dm I need gone
Click to view attachment

I know that you’ve had a reply about the wheels, but if that falls through, I would love to buy them!

Thanks

Mack Griffith
lwells8433
I apologize for the late reply are you still interested in the motor ?

QUOTE(jaminhunt @ Jan 8 2019, 05:19 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.