Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel System Additive.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
luvatenor
I have a 74' 2L with Weber carbs. Does anyone use a gas system additive. I have read many articles about individual gas additive manufacturers, but I can't seem to get an opinion about adding or not adding one to my gas tank. I thought they might be helpful to cleaning the carb jets, ect. but I don't know if they are recommended- Thanks -Rolf
michael7810
I have a similar setup and use Stabil to fight the effects of ethanol has on rubber carb parts. Plus I have a good filter before the pump and at the inlet to each carb. And if you don't know about these https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/7557.htm check them out as they will save you annual idle jet maintenance.
73-914
Marine Stabil works very well with Stewart's Premium no ethanol
pvollma
QUOTE(luvatenor @ Dec 30 2018, 11:12 AM) *

I have a 74' 2L with Weber carbs. Does anyone use a gas system additive. I have read many articles about individual gas additive manufacturers, but I can't seem to get an opinion about adding or not adding one to my gas tank. I thought they might be helpful to cleaning the carb jets, ect. but I don't know if they are recommended- Thanks -Rolf

I've used Bell Performance Ethanol Defense on all my pre-ethanol cars:

Ethanol Defense

You need only 1 oz for 10 gallons of gas. I buy it by the gallon and transfer it to one of their 32 oz bottles with the dosing cap that I keep in the frunk.
Mark Henry
IMHO most additives are snake oil.

Not counting some FI cleaners and storage additives like sta-bil.
jdamiano
I’m sitting in a coffee shop waiting for 2 other local 914 owners. We are going twisty road hunting this morning. First stop, ethanol free gas pump. Usually find them near boat ramps.
IronHillRestorations
BG fuel additives are a good product for cleaning the combustion chamber, but I don't know about dealing with the ethanol issue
Lucky9146
I have a friend who has used Marvel Mystery Oil as a gas additive for 30 years and swears by it, on his non cat cars of course.
driving.gif white914.jpg
JmuRiz
Like other's mentioned:
I use Stabil Marine stabilizer and try to run a bottle of Techron every few takes to keep things flowing.
GeorgeRud
Probably the best option is to try to keep driving the car as today’s fuels are designed to be burned quickly and not stored. Since that’s not likely in the Midwest, I try to find ethanol- free fuel and use Marine Sta-Bil over the winter.
thelogo
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Dec 31 2018, 10:10 AM) *

I have a friend who has used Marvel Mystery Oil as a gas additive for 30 years and swears by it, on his non cat cars of course.
driving.gif white914.jpg

agree.gif

The only honest snake oil left out there

But seriously i also use this stuff on the 914
A splash at every fill up

Will do the trick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.