Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: News Flash! 914's Invade Midway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
Yesterday a group of 3 914's invaded Midway Statium in St Paul, MN.

"Official" times are pending, awating review due to some timing issues with the last run groups of the day, which would not affect the 914 results of the day. There were 120 cars running this day.

A chart topping drive was put in by our own Dave-O, whose Cstock 914 was the superior of all other Cstock cars, and bested the Bstock cars as well. There were not enough Bstockers, so they ran w/the C's. I believe Dave-O was in the low 38's or high 37's.

In DSP, I again had a hard time with the subie RS's. Even though they are not turbos, 165+ hp, Hoosiers, and all wheel drive make a potent package. My best of a 36.6 was not good enough, I was beaten by .2 for the CPT. (cheep plastic trophy). Still I was happy with this time, pretty good for a stock 2.0 (95 romping stomping schnitzel fed ponies) with some suspension mods and my first event on Hoosiers myself.

I faired better in Emod driving a borrowed car. The owner was none to happy that he was beaten, but took some solace that his car, an earth shattering 914-4, took FTD with a 34.3. And this was only the second outing for that car- we've got alot more speed to find there. The next fastest car was a 1900# Street Mod beast with a water intercooled supercharged motor, putting out around 250hp, driven by a husband and wife team who both have trophied at nats.

So all in all, a great day for 914's.

1st in C stock
2nd in DSP
1st in Emod
2nd in Emod
FTD.

Maybe Dave-O has some old photos of our cars and Rob's beast he can post.
Joseph Mills
Wow. Good showing!

That should boost your 914cup standing. smilie_pokal.gif

Oops. I just realized you beat yourself by 2 seconds. Maybe it won't help your cup standing! biggrin.gif

Let's see some pics!
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ottox914
http://198.174.119.50/autocross/20050522/h.../html/0080.html

http://198.174.119.50/autocross/20050522/h.../html/0076.html

Not sure how to post pics, but I think these are links to the cars from a prior event, the top one is Rob's Emod beastie, oddly enough w/me driving, the second one is my car, with Rob driving.
Dave-O
Thanks for the kind words Dave. It was a truely awesome event for 914's. It was so fun to see you "tame the beast"...that car will be making waves for a long time!

Also thanks for pushing me in those last two runs. Going full-throttle through those slaloms really challenged me, and nailing it on that last run left a smile on my face to this moment! Can't wait for this weekend.

Lets see what I have around here for pictures. At the last couple events I haven't had time to take pictures, but I have a couple in the archives.

E-mod #869 driven by Rob Mossinghoff
Dave-O
Same car driven by Dave Parsons (ottox914)
Dave-O
Dave in his own D street prepared 914.
Dave-O
And yours truely in my C-stock 914
ottox914
Hey Dave-O, thanks for adding the photos- you'll have to come by and show me that sometime- notice in the photo of my car the #'s are not right?... should be 473. And, I'm still trying to figure out your comment about me being an "old guy" from dinner after the event...

Glad I could help about getting thru that slalom faster. Just gotta get you turning sooner and smoother- you keep progressing at this rate, by the time you're an "old guy" like me you'll own FTD every week.
Dave-O
My best was a 38.3xx, as compared to Dave's TTOD 34.3xx (correct me if I'm wrong). Actually it was myself, the only C-stock car, that got bumped into B-stock. Too bad it's only for this event, because M3's and RX8's make for a tasty lunch.

If you're in the Twin Cities area and are looking for some 914 companionship, stop by an autocross. Also, we're MUCH in need of someone to do tire temperatures, pressures, and pictures.

Happy 914ing!
Dave-O
QUOTE (ottox914 @ Jun 20 2005, 06:46 PM)
And, I'm still trying to figure out your comment about me being an "old guy" from dinner after the event...

Oh just a little joke, you displayed classic old guy behavior by snatching the check before I could even make an attempt.

Glad I could help about getting thru that slalom faster. Just gotta get you turning sooner and smoother- you keep progressing at this rate, by the time you're an "old guy" like me you'll own FTD every week.

Hopefully by that time we'll be competing against each other for it in our "spec 2316" class!

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.