Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankieshooz
seems like a rather banal topic but any suggestions for a new battery. I've used sealed Odyssey batteries in my FD3S and Alfa GTV but new to the Porsche ownership club. Do I go small? Regular size? Sealed? Lmk what you guys recommend especially as I want to keep the hellhole area and battery tray free of rust...
snakemain
I finally shelled out the dough for a PC925 a couple years ago. Worked great until the VR went and fried the Mallory Hyfire and Unilite, along with melting the Odyssey. Got a Walmart cheap-o in currently. May eventually get another Odyssey just because I have a cool custom hold-down bracket made for it.
TravisNeff
$100 bucks on amazon.
Chi-town
Odyssey PC925

Li-Ion have a lower float voltage which can be hard on older charging systems at idle.
thelogo
QUOTE(frankieshooz @ Dec 30 2018, 05:21 PM) *

seems like a rather banal topic but any suggestions for a new battery. I've used sealed Odyssey batteries in my FD3S and Alfa GTV but new to the Porsche ownership club. Do I go small? Regular size? Sealed? Lmk what you guys recommend especially as I want to keep the hellhole area and battery tray free of rust...

If you drive it , them sealed die hard lead acid barf.gif

If its parked for 5 years , agm / dry cell .
Any brand that works with a battery tender
Amphicar770
I've used Optima sealed AGM batteries on several classic vehicles including my 914. I usually get 10 years out of them and no worries about acid leaks. Sears made a good AGM battery but good luck finding a Sears store.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.