Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any games with a 914 or other vintage cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All,
Santa brought my little ones an Xbox for Christmas (they are into the minecraft thing).
I am not a gamer at all, but being that we have the thing, i thought it would be neat for dad to have some sort of car game. After doing a bunch of searching, i cant find anything that references anything vintage - all new cars.
Anyone have any recommendations?

Love to use this thing to put a 914 back in my garage.... ha!

Thanks!!
Rand
The latest Forza is amazing on Xbox. And yes, you can acquire a 914 and other vintage cars. smile.gif I don't play games much, but others will surely fill in the details. With a new Xbox, you'll want Forza for sure. Until you get into a full steering wheel / pedal setup, I recommending a handheld controller that senses steering as you rotate. It's like a virtual steering wheel and so much better than the stock controllers with only joysticks and buttons.
preach
I have a crazy e30 and a crazier 914/6 on the older forza.
poorsche914
Hard to believe it's been nearly 10 years since FM3 when several of us participated in spec 914-6 racing. Check out this thread

One of our members even provided his 914-6 to Turn 10 so they could take pictures to model it.

Videos from way back...

4 Minute Multi Camera Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPzRG1bVb0s

Short videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWei-I5bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYQua1N8I0w

driving.gif
Triaddave
Back when I was still flying an airplane, we would toss out a roll of toilet paper and see how many times you can touch it with your wing. I don't think the same game would work for our 914's, but we can still toss out the paper.....
Triaddave
Back when I was still flying an airplane, we would toss out a roll of toilet paper and see how many times you can touch it with your wing. I don't think the same game would work for our 914's, but we can still toss out the paper.....
struckn
QUOTE(Scott S @ Dec 31 2018, 02:22 PM) *

Hi All,
Santa brought my little ones an Xbox for Christmas (they are into the minecraft thing).
I am not a gamer at all, but being that we have the thing, i thought it would be neat for dad to have some sort of car game. After doing a bunch of searching, i cant find anything that references anything vintage - all new cars.

Thanks!!

I have an older EA Games "Need for Speed" game disk that I think is call Porsche Challenge. It's all Porsche and you select the model which includes the 914's. Only problem is you need an older Windows program to get it to run. I'm using a old Windows 7 or 10 Computer just for the older Games and hide it from Window upgrades. What's interesting is the XBox 360 controller works with it.

driving.gif
Rob-O
QUOTE(struckn @ Jan 1 2019, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Scott S @ Dec 31 2018, 02:22 PM) *

Hi All,

Thanks!!

I have an older EA Games "Need for Speed" game disk that I think is call Porsche Challenge. It's all Porsche and you select the model which includes the 914's. Only problem is you need an older Windows program to get it to run. I'm using a old Windows 7 or 10 Computer just for the older Games and hide it from Window upgrades. What's interesting is the XBox 360 controller works with it.
driving.gif

Porsche Unleashed
Andyrew
Forza Motorsports (Almost all of them)
NFS PU is a great one just for fun.
GT Legends is a pretty good SIM from 13 years ago.

But really Forza Motorsports is your best ticket.

Note Forza Horizon does not have the 914 but does have the 944t and some others. I'm waiting for it to come out I. DLC.
defianty
Project Cars 2 is great. Has some great Porsche add-on content.
Andyrew
QUOTE(defianty @ Jan 2 2019, 09:19 AM) *

No 914
defianty
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 2 2019, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(defianty @ Jan 2 2019, 09:19 AM) *

No 914

Yes you're right, my bad. Great game though.
vbrad26
I'd say Forza 7 is your best bet.
Has almost anything you can think of from vintage to modern and you can customize and tune as well.
Then you'll need one of these...
IPB Image
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 2 2019, 12:08 PM) *

Note Forza Horizon does not have the 914 but does have the 944t and some others. I'm waiting for it to come out I. DLC.

I've got Forza Horizon 3 and have a 914 in it.
I think you have to find them in the auctions though, but they are on the road throughout the game, at least I see them when I'm driving my BMW2002.

Zach
preach
I have Forza 5 I think on XBox 360. There was a $20 Porsche DLC for it.
IronHillRestorations
There's an old PS game "Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed" that had a nice selection of vintage Porsches including a 914-4. They did a decent job of recreating the power and handling characteristics
Andyrew
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jan 3 2019, 11:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 2 2019, 12:08 PM) *

I've got Forza Horizon 3 and have a 914 in it.
I think you have to find them in the auctions though, but they are on the road throughout the game, at least I see them when I'm driving my BMW2002.

Zach

Zach,

Then theres hope for 4!

I have 3 on my new Xbox but havent installed it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.