Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Hershey Swap Meet 2019
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
http://cpa-pca.org/swap/2019index.html

Unobtanium-inc
We are normally the first ones in line, Mom even comes out to Hershey!
73-914
Should be fun
Freezin 914
Definitely planning on going, but considering going with a trailer full of 914 goodies for sale, maybe going to be a vendor.... confused24.gif undecided.......
mepstein
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 1 2019, 06:53 PM) *

Definitely planning on going, but considering going with a trailer full of 914 goodies for sale, maybe going to be a vendor.... confused24.gif undecided.......

Each year, Garold does the long drive with a trailer of 914 parts. He might have some good tips.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 1 2019, 09:06 PM) *

Each year, Garold does the long drive with a trailer of 914 parts. He might have some good tips.

Good to know. I will have to contact him as it gets closer. Thank you!
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 1 2019, 03:53 PM) *

One trick to help you decide to go as a vendor or not is pre-sell some big stuff ahead of time, to be picked up at Hershey, that way you know the space and gas is paid for before the show even starts, plus you get rid of some big stuff that's hard to ship. I once pre-sold a complete set of 911 oil lines, can't ship those!

See ya there, we are normally in C43 or close to it.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 1 2019, 09:32 PM) *

One trick to help you decide to go as a vendor or not is pre-sell some big stuff ahead of time, to be picked up at Hershey, that way you know the space and gas is paid for before the show even starts, plus you get rid of some big stuff that's hard to ship. I once pre-sold a complete set of 911 oil lines, can't ship those!

That’s a great idea, I have some larger items as your describing. Thank you for the tips!
mepstein
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 1 2019, 10:36 PM) *

That’s a great idea, I have some larger items as your describing. Thank you for the tips!

Last year I pre sold a 3.0 engine. My wife had no idea I fit it into her Honda CR-V
Freezin 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 1 2019, 09:45 PM) *

Last year I pre sold a 3.0 engine. My wife had no idea I fit it into her Honda CR-V

Probably didn’t help the gas mileage! biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 1 2019, 11:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 1 2019, 09:45 PM) *

Probably didn’t help the gas mileage! biggrin.gif

I only live 90 minutes from Hershey. But if you think about it, a 450lb engine is still just 2 xlarge adults. Not a big problem.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 1 2019, 07:36 PM) *

It takes some extra work but putting a couple of weeks of prep into Hershey makes it a whole different experience. I pre-buy a lot of stuff so I usually have a car on my trailer before the show starts, as well as a pile of parts that get delivered, so anything I find at the show is just a bonus. See ya there!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 1 2019, 09:06 PM) *

Already paid for my spaces. See ya there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.