Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing an L-jet AFM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Hi guys - made some progress on sorting out the pile of L-Jet FI bits that I have ended up with and want to start testing the components to see what (if any) of it is good.

Are the test procedures the 944 / 928 etc guys have out there be useful, or are the 914 AFMs and relayed bits specialized for our cars to a point that those procedures aren't helpful?

Thanks!
Rob-O
There is an L-Jet PDF out on the internet that is excellent. It’s what I used to check all my components before reinstalling L-Jet on my ‘74 1.8.

I think it shows pictures of components as installed on a bus if I remember correctly, but it does a good job of showing where most things go, their function and how to test them.

The AFM you can check the resistance of the pins but that doesn’t help with setting the spring tensions and air bypass. Their is an excellent writeup out there for setting those things. Give me a minute and I’ll jump out to the net and see if I can find them.
Tdskip
Thanks Rob!
Rob-O
http://www.type17.ch/downloads/Injection/B...bleshooting.pdf

Not the PDF I used but looks good at first glance.

https://itinerant-air-cooled.com//viewtopic.php?t=7761

This is good for adjustment. Ultimately you’ll need to adjust based on exhaust gases measurement.
Tdskip
Thanks Rob
cgnj
This is the doc that I use. 912 manuals
djway
Check flap for full unrestricted movement or catches
Check potentiometer for wear, you can adjust height of the wiper if needed. If there are cracks in the material it needs a new board.
Check resistance of the air temp sensor. If off just cleaning the surface between the two disc does the trick.
Last is setting the spring resistance. Make sure there NO vacuum leaks first. You need an O2 sensor in the exhaust line. Run her down the freeway around 65 and see what your ration is at. Also check wide open throttle for a good ratio.
You can tighten and or loosed the spring load until you get a good combo of the two.
Hope this gives you somewhere to start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.