Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there an easy way to see if my fuel return line is intact
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
Since I got my 914 many years ago, my fuel return line has never been used. My setup now calls for use of the return line. I can see the line is intact from the engine bay, through the tunnel- however I am not sure under the tank. Is there an easy way to see if it is hooked up to the fuel tank still without draining and removing the fuel tank?
iankarr
If you pull the belly pan under the steering rack (4 bolts), there's an opening on the right side where you can peek in and see what's connected to the fuel tank. If the return line isn't being used, the pipe is probbably plugged/capped at the tank.
Krieger
Since it's been that long maybe you should replace those lines under the tank. To get a peek. Put the front end on stands, pull off the fromt pan/cover and peek in the 4" hole. It's probably easier to just pull the tank.
tornik550
Ok. I will take a look up there. I have a nice articulating scope I can use if I can’t see.

Also- how difficult are the lines to replace through the tunnel?
mepstein
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Jan 1 2019, 09:00 PM) *

Ok. I will take a look up there. I have a nice articulating scope I can use if I can’t see.

SS lines take about 5 minutes. Lube the metal as it goes through the rubber grommet in the engine bay and use a spotter with a small flashlight, looking through the front tunnel axcess to guide the line through the front grommet into the gas tank area.

Doing it with the engine in is possible but I haven’t done it.
iankarr
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Jan 1 2019, 10:00 PM) *

Here's a video I made of the process...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFsZoI_W3g
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 2 2019, 03:57 PM) *

SS lines take about 5 minutes. Lube the metal as it goes through the rubber grommet in the engine bay and use a spotter with a small flashlight, looking through the front tunnel axcess to guide the line through the front grommet into the gas tank area.

5 mins come on Mark.....bit longer than that really.
mepstein
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 2 2019, 01:50 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 2 2019, 03:57 PM) *

5 mins come on Mark.....bit longer than that really.

Not with engine out and a spotter. Little lube on the line and it slides in. I use the tangerine lines and they fit perfectly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.