Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Out of this world 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
The 914 used in a episode of the show UFO called The Psycobombs!
Unobtanium-inc
Found a couple more out takes.
My 914
70's all the way!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
MUST have been shot in England, one of those Crayford right hand drive conversions

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 2 2019, 05:54 AM) *

dr914@autoatlanta.com
this was the picture before they converted it to right hand drive

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 2 2019, 05:40 AM) *

Lucky9146
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 2 2019, 06:40 AM) *

Beg to differ George. Note that all the pictures appear to be taken in the same wooded area and potentially at the same time.

The first post black and white pic is LHD.

Second post first picture you cannot tell whether left or right hand drive.
Second post second picture is LHD, you can see the dash hump and note the driver seat head rest is slightly tipped.

Third post note the driver seat headrest is also slightly tipped but now the car appears to be RHD. I believe this picture is simply an inverse and no left hand to right hand conversion was performed at all.
Just my humble opinion. beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg

Edit Edit
Wife just caught the part in the hair on the girl is also backwards in the 3rd post compared to the other shots of her.
Flipped negative for sure!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that was a joke, I could see that the pics were taken at the same time, but the one reversed! (LOL). Probably a 70 model

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Jan 2 2019, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 2 2019, 06:40 AM) *

Beg to differ George. Note that all the pictures appear to be taken in the same wooded area and potentially at the same time.

The first post black and white pic is LHD.

Second post first picture you cannot tell whether left or right hand drive.
Second post second picture is LHD, you can see the dash hump and note the driver seat head rest is slightly tipped.

Third post note the driver seat headrest is also slightly tipped but now the car appears to be RHD. I believe this picture is simply an inverse and no left hand to right hand conversion was performed at all.
Just my humble opinion. beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg

Edit Edit
Wife just caught the part in the hair on the girl is also backwards in the 3rd post compared to the other shots of her.
Flipped negative for sure!
7TPorsh
Take me to your leader...
Mark Henry
UFO was a british tv series from 1970-73, one of my preteen favorite shows.
About a top secret armed force/space force at war with the UFO's of mind controlling aliens, that you never see.
By Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, Thunderbirds, Space 1999, etc.

The girl was one of the show's stars IIRC.
mgphoto
A small toy company in England depicted scenes from the show, one of which has the 914 in it. But to add a twist the license plate is BMW 189.

Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jan 2 2019, 03:54 PM) *

A small toy company in England depicted scenes from the show, one of which has the 914 in it. But to add a twist the license plate is BMW 189.

Click to view attachment

Now that's cool.
Larmo63
Notice, her ring switched hands too.
Unobtanium-inc
Saw these, I guess collectibles from the show.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 2 2019, 06:54 AM) *

Interesting that the Porsche grill letters were removed. Maybe they did not want to advertise for Porsche or cus it is not a real Porsche. poke.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 21 2019, 07:59 AM) *

Interesting that the Porsche grill letters were removed. Maybe they did not want to advertise for Porsche or cus it is not a real Porsche. poke.gif

The grill letters were not installed on the 914s sold in Europe because they were sold as the VW-Porsche 914.

mcswiggs
Yes, it was shot in England. All the cars in the series were left hand drive because it was assumed that by 1980 when it was set, the UK would have transitioned to driving on the right side of the road. Can’t see that happening ever now!
iankarr
One of my faves. Great opening sequence and theme too. Check out how 1980 was the swingin’ future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Dec 22 2019, 07:05 AM) *

One of my faves. Great opening sequence and theme too. Check out how 1980 was the swingin’ future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY

I bought a book at a used book store recently that was published in 1962. The theme of the book was the future, where people were cyborgs who were taking over, the year of the future was 2020!!!!!!! Watch out for the cyborgs!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 21 2019, 06:02 AM) *
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 21 2019, 07:59 AM) *
The grill letters were not installed on the 914s sold in Europe because they were sold as the VW-Porsche 914.

agree.gif

UROpartsman
They could reboot this show, lol.
JamesM
Fastest left hand drive re-conversion ever performed.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.