Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front suspension height adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Haynes does not state which way to lower/raise, and yes I did a full search and several threads discussing this were contradicting in that one person says tighten to lower and the other says opposite , so I ask again , which way?? please answer if you have done this recently or enough to be certain of your answer.

Phil
cwpeden
loosen = lower
IronHillRestorations
Back the adjusters out (loosen) to lower
rhodyguy
Turn in or out might be easier. Turn in to raise. The opposite corner on the rear will see the greatest change. Small increments. You will need to roll the car back and forth a bit to 'settle' the suspention.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 2 2019, 05:29 AM) *

Haynes does not state which way to lower/raise, and yes I did a full search and several threads discussing this were contradicting in that one person says tighten to lower and the other says opposite , so I ask again , which way?? please answer if you have done this recently or enough to be certain of your answer.

Phil

Good question: would you post details. How much turning equals an inch, say. And whether you have to re-index smile.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 2 2019, 09:45 AM) *

Turn in or out might be easier. Turn in to raise. The opposite corner on the rear will see the greatest change. Small increments. You will need to roll the car back and forth a bit to 'settle' the suspention.

Also, unhook your front sway bar on one end when you do this.

And understand that the car will need to be re-aligned after you have lowered it.

Also, depending on how low you go, you may need to add bump-stop to keep the car from bump-induced steering.

Zach
Mueller
If I'm not mistaken, you could run out of adjustment just using the screw, if that happens you need to remove the adjuster and re'clock it on the splines
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.