Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
There is always a party pooper. The 914 is the king of the autocross!
sithot
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 4 2019, 09:53 AM) *

Here is a guy I've watched for years (borrowed photo). He was FTD at the PCA Parade in Charlotte 2008. I firmly believe he could have repeated had he been in a profession that didn't require him to be on the road. He's a badass bass-man.

Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
The best part of the 914 when you're coning it is it's so much more narrow than the newer Porsches, you don't even have to think about braking. At my last outing the collective thought was I won the "Steve McQueen" award, if nothing else. What's the point if you aren't having fun!
sithot
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 4 2019, 10:08 AM) *

The best part of the 914 when you're coning it is it's so much more narrow than the newer Porsches, you don't even have to think about braking. At my last outing the collective thought was I won the "Steve McQueen" award, if nothing else. What's the point if you aren't having fun!

Here's a couple from the Excellence June 2009 article on Bobby.

Click to view attachment

In the "Zone"....

Click to view attachment
Bobby Smith
From what I see in your photos, you would benefit from sway bars or larger sway bars if you already have them. I would also use 140-180lb rear springs and 22mm front torsion bars. If you're running street rubber, go with Bridgestone RE71R or Rival S.
mepstein
QUOTE(sithot @ Jan 4 2019, 10:05 AM) *

Here is a guy I've watched for years (borrowed photo). He was FTD at the PCA Parade in Charlotte 2008. I firmly believe he could have repeated had he been in a profession that didn't require him to be on the road. He's a badass bass-man.

Click to view attachment

They must have flipped when they realized he ran a 4.
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 4 2019, 08:32 AM) *

Click to view attachment

lol Yeah but it was a BIG 4.
bbrock
QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Jan 4 2019, 10:00 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I can't stop staring at this pic. You have air under TWO tires. pray.gif
Racer
this happened when my rear sway bar bushing failed.. car runs bars f/r, 14" fuchs, old konis....
Dave_Darling
Time for the pic of @Sir Andy's car up on 2 wheels, now.... biggrin.gif

--DD
GeorgeRud
I fondly remember the Automotion 914 Autocross car prepped by Garretson Enterprises. The flares and paint scheme still stick in my memory.
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 4 2019, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Bobby Smith @ Jan 4 2019, 10:00 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I can't stop staring at this pic. You have air under TWO tires. pray.gif

Yes, air under 2 tires and take a close look at the steering wheel position and note that the front tires are turning left a tad. Basically, it's on 2 wheels and I'm countersteering in a drift. That 914 is WILD.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 4 2019, 07:08 AM) *

Or the "cone killer" award. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.