Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Top Vinyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Getting ready to do the dash top with the 914Rubber kit. Pretty straightforward but my original material was too far gone to serve as a template and I have one question. I know the vinyl should run long over the step down in the dash metal to terminate underneath the dash pad when it is installed, but what about the foam? Should the foam also run under the dash pad a little or should it be trimmed even with the step?

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no the foam to the edge

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 4 2019, 08:03 AM) *

Getting ready to do the dash top with the 914Rubber kit. Pretty straightforward but my original material was too far gone to serve as a template and I have one question. I know the vinyl should run long over the step down in the dash metal to terminate underneath the dash pad when it is installed, but what about the foam? Should the foam also run under the dash pad a little or should it be trimmed even with the step?

Click to view attachment

bbrock
Simple question and simple answer. Thanks George beerchug.gif

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2019, 08:30 AM) *

no the foam to the edge

QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 4 2019, 08:03 AM) *

914_7T3
@bbrock

Brent,

I believe that I still have my original vinyl from the install last month that you may use as a template. Would be happy to send it to you too along with a little bonus. Just hit me up with a PM. Thanks.
bbrock
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jan 4 2019, 05:59 PM) *

@bbrock

Brent,

I believe that I still have my original vinyl from the install last month that you may use as a template. Would be happy to send it to you too along with a little bonus. Just hit me up with a PM. Thanks.

Oh wow, what a kind and generous offer, but I'm afraid the deed is already done. Got the dash top and most of the face done this evening.

Click to view attachment
tyfighter123
What did you do to glue both the vinyl and the backing down?
rjames
Looks great! smilie_pokal.gif
ndfrigi
nice thread since i will be doing mine soon.
removed the bare metal dash on my project and install a different one from same 74 year.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bbrock
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ May 3 2019, 10:23 PM) *

What did you do to glue both the vinyl and the backing down?

I forgot about this thread. I used Weldwood on both the vinyl and foam. It was pointed out to me that the dash will get pretty hot on a sunny day so the adhesive needs to be able to take it. Can't remember how Weldwood was rated other than I checked and it had a high enough temp rating to make me happy. beerchug.gif
tyfighter123
Thanks for the reply!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.