Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix 1847v...lost in translation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John90290
Got the 1847v and the scoured the internet for a video guide but alll video s are of the non vacuum version. The instructions have no pictures and are generic. Take out points and condersor, replace with...

No idea how this goes together. There are two plates that come out of the 009 that are bound together by a wire. Do they both stay? Does one come off? None of the oem holes line up with the kit?

Does anyone have some pictures on how this goes together?

Thanks!
mgphoto
Very simple, take the studded adapter and put in place of the original points, slip the collar over the shaft, attach the module to the studded adapter, screw the nuts on to hold the unit in place, put the plastic spacer in between the module and the collar for the air gap, tighten the nuts.
Replace the dizzy and time the ignition.
The second plate is not necessary in the type iv
John90290
Is it ok the screw is longer? The point score also pertruded a bit but not this much. Might be some sort of stop ?
Rob-O
QUOTE(John90290 @ Jan 5 2019, 09:37 AM) *

Is it ok the screw is longer? The point score also pertruded a bit but not this much. Might be some sort of stop ?

Also, while the magnet looks like it just fits in any orientation on the shaft, it doesn’t. It only fits one way correctly. Ask me how I know...

Don’t end up having to call Pertronix and order a new magnet like I did. Mashing it onto the shaft trying to get it to fit is NOT the way to get it on there.
Rob-O
I think the adapter is is for the very purpose of not having that screw protrude.
John90290
Thank you thank you thank you!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.