Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for some PPG Deltron lacquer in L20E
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
I was going through the list of things to do to Dad's 914-6 and I have a couple of places I need to weld, and this creates a couple of touch up spots. Car is not in original paint, but was reshot in PPG Deltron lacquer. PPG has discontinued production as of April 2018, and said it can be had until supplies run out.

I do not wish to reshoot the entire car for 16 sports all the size of a quarter, maybe a dollar for the blend. And then two spots that are out 4"x4"

Anybody know of a supplier that still has some base and tint in stock to make a batch of L20E?

My local supplier did not have any left on their shelves, said they had not sold it in years. Kid had to get an old guy so we could talk lacquers.

Stoping in at the supplier in Cincinnati just to see. Uncle used to work at PPG, but he is long since gone, so I can't get him to conjure up any.

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 5 2019, 06:27 PM) *

I was going through the list of things to do to Dad's 914-6 and I have a couple of places I need to weld, and this creates a couple of touch up spots. Car is not in original paint, but was reshot in PPG Deltron lacquer. PPG has discontinued production as of April 2018, and said it can be had until supplies run out.

I do not wish to reshoot the entire car for 16 sports all the size of a quarter, maybe a dollar for the blend. And then two spots that are out 4"x4"

Anybody know of a supplier that still has some base and tint in stock to make a batch of L20E?

My local supplier did not have any left on their shelves, said they had not sold it in years. Kid had to get an old guy so we could talk lacquers.

Stoping in at the supplier in Cincinnati just to see. Uncle used to work at PPG, but he is long since gone, so I can't get him to conjure up any.

Might want to ask PPG who they shipped the last of it to, they might be cool and share the info. The fact that you don't need very much will probably help.

Good luck.
mb911
Try Buy right auto parts in Racine WI.. Talk with Kevin.. He can help. They sell alloy of paint all ppg brands and helped me get the Saturn Red that was NLA in its original code and called ppg directly to get a code off of the orginal sample..
mgphoto
Find a PPG dealer who is willing to speak with his rep, he should be able to find what is available.
PPG discontinued the Omni single stage black in 2016, the discontinued paint was returned to PPG and warehoused, they found 570 gallons and I had to pay for fedex to get it.

2018 doesn’t seam so long ago, probably some on shelf back at PPG.
914forme
Okay great thank you all, I did not realize PPG brought it back, my fear was it was locally disposed of.

I will stop by the guys our school uses for auto body supplies and see if the I work for helps, and if not, I will talk to Ben's contact and see if he minds doing the leg work for a sale, and some extra $$$ as a finders fee. To me extra effort is always worth some form of extra compensation.
white1975
you tried koi
thanks to you they matched my color for the mini took them the old paint can
and they shot it with their camera built in fade
Literati914
The Deltron I've used was single stage (urethane), and I think it comes in BC/CC too - are you using the word "lacquer" as a generic term or did it actually come in a true lacquer? I thought lacquers were out a long time ago, no?
914forme
No idea, but I do have the original can wrap from what was purchased oh so long ago. So hopefully some one with more knowledge can help me make a match.
mb911
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jan 6 2019, 06:24 PM) *

The Deltron I've used was single stage (urethane), and I think it comes in BC/CC too - are you using the word "lacquer" as a generic term or did it actually come in a true lacquer? I thought lacquers were out a long time ago, no?

I believe you are correct. Deltron is single stage and just confirmed as I have some still from years ago.. Lacquers were done in the 80s I believe.
white1975
take your headlight cover down to koi and they will shoot it with their camera
and match it witch would put some fade in the paint
Literati914
PPG's Deltron was offered as a line of Lacquer also, until recently, and was called "Duracryl" or "DDL".. call all PPG suppliers and ask if the have it still. If not call TCPglobal.. they have a pdf on line and are a large-ish on-line auto paint supplier, so should have it. Interestingly enough, the primer surfacer and thinners are still available for this lacquer line.
https://us.ppgrefinish.com/PPG-Refinish/Not...uracryl-Acrylic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.