Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT-need a mechanic in Charlotte NC area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
I am asking this here because I don't know anyone up here locally and my son has not made any contacts like that here.
I have AAA 200 mile towing but 250 miles home to SC means $200 for the extra 50 miles.
Looks like the cam vvt solenoid sensor may have crapped out or the phaser is stuck, code is general code for a cam sensors and bank 2 retarded. So timings off bad o that side . Changed out the front bank cam sensor and that didn't help, the cam solenoid sensor that helps sense pressure and gets phasers synchronized , but unlike a F150, the Lincoln valve cover has to be replaced to get the solenoid sensor out and replaced, which I am not sure I wand to do in my son's driveway, and even then it might not even fix the issue.
I hate dealerships/stealerships so ...... any advice or contacts here would be appreciate.

I know this may have been better located in the sand box but most members don't go there so since this is my tow vehicle for the 914, leaving it here in garage would be appreciated. #admin #pleasedontmoveit

Phil
billh1963
You get your issue fixed?
DRPHIL914
just getting back to this,
but the answer is yes and no. i didnt hen you asked this, but i went back up on feiday and workes on it all day saturday. tooke me less time to pull the motor and transmission from my 914 than to do this- based on a lot of research on the nav and F150 forums i decided the likely cause was the VVT cam solenoid sensor suddenly got clogged and could not send proper signal so the whole left side was out of timing and that was exactly what happened. not sure if anyone really cares, but on these trucks, well all the ford 5.4l 3valve V8 motors have the variable valve timing, there is a solenoid sensor that is located on each side near frontt of the cam right behind the phasers, and you cant pull it without taking the freaking valve covers off! freaking ford engineers, if the hole that it sticks thru were 1/4” larger you could get it pulled out with out that having to happen. Stupid- well i did get that all put back and while putting the harness back in place i had to move the brake booster vac hose that goes to the back side of motor/manifold. it takes. a bit of encouragement well i pulled or pushed a bit too hard and it came off the fitting! so now i dont have power brakes but hey, the motor is in perfect timing and runs great. ran out of time could not access it and reattach it. i didnt have a big jack or jack stands with me amd it would have taken another 3 hours to do it . this cant be accessed woth out getting up under truck ans pulling the skid plate and moving shift cables and hard fuel lines so you can access it. Oh and it turns out there was a recall for this because they come off easily! i dont think the recall was ever performed. i had not been aware of it .
So tomorrow i make some calls to ford etc, truck is still in Charlotte at my sons house. I did get to road trip in the Boxster with my youngest, she loves to road teip in the Porsche with dad and also go see her big brother and play video games!!
Will head back up in a couple weeks i guess. will keep ya posted, thanks for asking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.