Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914 lot - estate sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
andrewdcm
My father was a huge 914 enthusiast and very ambitious. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us. Attached you can see photos showing his many projects. We are looking for someone to purchase the whole lot. The silver 914 is the only one we will be keeping. Many clean, rust free hoods, trunks, interior parts, etc. We are located in South Bend, IN Please inbox or share. The images hopefully give a general idea of what we have here. Sorry for the poor lighting on a few of them. Newbie here and clueless so sorry for any forums violations.

Serial #s
4712911218 (green)
4752905422 (maroon)
4732913834 (purple(?)/lime)
4732918088 (red) NO TITLE

We are thinking in the ballpark of $6-9k but looking for a best offer as well. I might adjust this (+/-) as we begin to research more or if we get competing offers. We would love to part it out and feel there is much more value than that, but unfortunately we don't have the time, resources, or 914 knowledge to do that. We also understand we take a hit, due to the fact we are asking for someone to purchase whole lot. Stands could be included.

Andrew M.
euro911
Sorry for your loss.
mepstein
Sorry for your loss.
Welcome to the site.

You need a price. Even if it’s just a starting point, we need to know if you are looking for $5K or $50k. Thanks

Are the metal stands for sale?
andrewdcm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 7 2019, 09:16 AM) *

Sorry for your loss.
Welcome to the site.

You need a price. Even if it’s just a starting point, we need to know if you are looking for $5K or $50k. Thanks

Are the metal stands for sale?

Thank you for the condolences. And the heads up...I made the recommended changes to original post.
GregAmy
Andrew, who was your father? Looks like he was quite knowledgeable on the 914 and maybe this community knew him.
sixnotfour
sorry for your loss....did the same thing 35 yrs ago...best to check the serial #s on chassis...
GaroldShaffer
Andrew, first I want to offer my condolences on your fathers passing. I sold parts to him over the years and enjoyed talking with him. I sent you a PM also, but when you have time give me a call as I would like to discuss maybe coming out if possible and seeing what all is there. Maybe make you an offer or at least give you some idea on the value of items.

My number 219-730-9205
andrewdcm
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jan 7 2019, 11:05 AM) *

Andrew, who was your father? Looks like he was quite knowledgeable on the 914 and maybe this community knew him.

His name was Tony Maez. He very well may have been hangin out here.
jd74914
Sorry for your loss.

You should post some more pictures of the green car. Engine, wheels, etc. If the flares are metal, Fuchs wheels are real, and it's not too rusted it might be worth most or your asking.
914forme
Yes very sorry for your loss, I to am going through the grief of losing my father also. Take Garold up on his offer before money exchanges hands. If I was in a better place I would be game for these cars, and parts.
andrewdcm
I have contacted Garold and we are looking at meeting up hopefully next week .

Checked on the dark green '71. Flares are fiberglass and have added some pics of a wheel and engine. Also got a pic of another set of wheels and engine (VW021.119.225a)

Thanks for all the kind words and help.
mepstein
Garold will do right by you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.