Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine rain tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nemo914
Anyone out there have or know where to get an old style engine rain tray? I know they aren't as good as the newer style, but I have a stock 72 and like to keep it as close to original as possible. I have looked at e-bay for a couple of years now and have never seen one. Any ideas??
Lawrence
Post a wanted ad in the classifieds.

I threw one of those away about a month ago. sad.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Welcome to the BBS!
Brad Roberts
I dont recall the difference.. do you have a pic of one ?? I know they are different... I think the mounting is different.

B
Porsche Rescue
Odds are real good that Craig Laughlin (Camp 914) has one or more. email laughlinc@hasson.com
You'll probably have to tell him how to tell early from late (Come to think of it I have a '71 and '74 in the garage now, guess I can tell him).
Nemo914
I will try to insert a photo here. The old style did not have the ridges in it and did mount differently. I will try the contact you provided. Thanks.
Nemo914
I know the one in the picture looks pretty good, but it is cracked at both upper mounting locations and uses some sheet metal and creative attachment. Up close it doesn't look so good.
Brad Roberts
Ahh yes.. that one.

Good luck finding one that isnt cracked. People would open the engine lid and let it "fly" up againts the stops. This not only breaks the hinges sooner or later..but it rattles loose the plastic on the engine lid.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.