Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Shifter 70-72 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sgh
I have been informed that this is a 901 shifter specifically for a 70-72 914. Left over parts from a project. Excellent chrome on shifter and black paint on bracket. Small braze repair on one side as seen in the pics. $65 + shipping.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sgh
Either nobody needs one or my price is too high. I will accept any reasonable offer. Want it gone.
mepstein
They are usually $25-50 for early in very good condition. Really just spare parts with the “repair”
euro911
agree.gif

Especially as more folks are converting to side-shift trannys which uses a different style of lever assy.
bdstone914
QUOTE(sgh @ Jan 12 2019, 03:31 PM) *

Either nobody needs one or my price is too high. I will accept any reasonable offer. Want it gone.

The need for that shifter is if the pivot pin wears.
It looks like that one has had a repair on the pivot pin. Note the brazed in pin that extends outward from the triangular plate in the center of the shift housing. Those pins tend to wear excessively where the shifter pivots on the pin. The shifter housing was also used in 911's Those guy pay more. I have only sold thse early shifters to them. The 911 shift rod may be longer. The year range was up to 65-72 with the 901 trans.

Bruce
sgh
Yes, the pin has been braised. It is very sturdy however. So being an early 911 guy, I did try to sell it on the ESR. The former owner of EASY, who is an expert on early Porsche 911/914 parts, told me it is not a 911 application only 70-72 914. I thought the 901 transmission used one shifter, but he is the expert.

Guess it goes back in the spares box.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.