Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lift question? Again..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
Curious which lifts you all have, seen a members garage had a quick jack and got me thinking of buying a quick jack (used, manual locking) or a new Titan MRL 600. About $700 difference price wise. I have a few cars I will be starting on fairly soon. Figure a lift of some sort will help with torquing body and probably better/safer for long term raised state rather than jack stands. Note, I will be working in a standard two car garage. Thoughts?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 8 2019, 06:21 PM) *
Curious which lifts you all have ...

IPB Image

biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I'd want a lift that can lift the highest for the headroom I have.
I have 12' so I have a 2 post full lift wink.gif
mgphoto
EZ Car Lift

Click to view attachment

Portable, adjustable, lots of options, like wheels to make it movable, different size cross members for different vehicles.
BPic
When I started this project my wife was concerned that she wouldn't be able to park in the garage. I bought the Max Jax and drilled the holes in the floor against the wall and in the middle of the garage floor. The post against the wall stays put but I remove the post in the middle and slide the car over to the wall so she has room to park. Worked out great so far. It's currently on a rotisserie so there's even more room for her. Keeping her happy while I'm working every weekend on the car makes life better! piratenanner.gif

Also, the lift works great and can be tucked out of the way when not needed. I also use a single post sometimes to lift the engine to a bench or back of the truck. Very versatile.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I have a snap on mid rise lift. I can drive over it with any car, including my 914. Raises the car to the top of my 8' ceiling. No installation. Just put it on the floor and use it.

On any lift, raise the car a couple inches off the ground and push hard on both ends of the car. Better to have an issue 3" off the ground than 3'.

The balance point will change when you remove the engine and trans. Be prepared.

porsche-tom
max jax. works great and removable
iankarr
I have a QuickJack 5000 SLX. Works great in my low garage. About 1,100 bucks, depending on the sale. Here's a video of the setup and lifting my 914...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U80_ymI9IPk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.