Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Mahle Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
56kabrio
I am looking for a set (4-5) Mahle wheels for my '73 914 2.0. Haven't received the car yet, but it has Fuchs wheels currently. Anyone sitting on a set that they would like to sell? Must be in very good to excellent condition. biggrin.gif

Thank you

Mack
mepstein
Fuchs are much better wheels. Forged vs cast. Almost half of the Mahle wheels Ive seen are bent.
914Sixer
DO NOT BUY any Mahle wheels that have NOT been spun balanced. They can not be straightened that I know about.
tmessenger
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 10 2019, 12:26 PM) *

Fuchs are much better wheels. Forged vs cast. Almost half of the Mahle wheels Ive seen are bent.

Not only forged but also light, I weighed my 6 x 16 Fuchs yesterday on two different scales and 14lb 12 oz that is a really light 16" wheel.

Tim
mepstein
QUOTE(tmessenger @ Jan 10 2019, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 10 2019, 12:26 PM) *

Not only forged but also light, I weighed my 6 x 16 Fuchs yesterday on two different scales and 14lb 12 oz that is a really light 16" wheel.

Tim

Yea, the 2.0 Fuchs are about 12 1/2. Mahle gasburner magnesium wheels are a little over 10 but expensive and easily damaged.
johnvan8
I have a set of 4 but I’m in CA so that would involve shipping. Pm me if still interested and I can send you photos
Mike Fitton
Here is a set on the Samba:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2242716
IronHillRestorations
I might have four, maybe five but it would be some time before I could get to them. Are you in a hurry? I'm about two hours from Nashville, and I've got lots of other parts too
RolinkHaus
I have a set with tires mint condition
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.