Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum Advance Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Am in the process of replacing my 009 distributor on my dual Dellorto '74 2.0 L with a 205AA 1.8 L vacuum advance distributor. I am using the small outlet on the vacuum pot to hook up a T-line to my right and left carbs. My question is - Do I cap off the other outlet on the pot, or just leave it open to the atmosphere? Thanks.

Ansbacher
914_teener
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jan 10 2019, 03:38 PM) *

Am in the process of replacing my 009 distributor on my dual Dellorto '74 2.0 L with a 205AA 1.8 L vacuum advance distributor. I am using the small outlet on the vacuum pot to hook up a T-line to my right and left carbs. My question is - Do I cap off the other outlet on the pot, or just leave it open to the atmosphere? Thanks.

Ansbacher

Leave it open.
tmessenger
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jan 10 2019, 05:38 PM) *

Ansbacher

Not an answer to your question but I'm in the process of setting up a better vacuum signal with the dual Webers on my engine. It currently has only one vacuum line connected. I'm setting it up now with 4 lines Y together so I have a vacuum signal from each port.
Ansbacher
[

Leave it open.
[/quote]

Can you elaborate as to the advantage of leaving it open? Very curious.

Ansbacher
mgphoto
Capping will cause a vacuum resistance to the advance plate in the distributor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.