Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Arm Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ken Mikos
Ok all, finished replacing the Motor and Tranny Mounts and it made a huge overall difference. Thanks for all the suggestions.

With that project completed, I have decided to replace the A Arm Bushings. Any suggestions on which bushings or rebuilt A Arms i should use would be much appreciated.

Thanks again...
mb911
QUOTE(Ken Mikos @ Jan 10 2019, 05:58 PM) *

Ok all, finished replacing the Motor and Tranny Mounts and it made a huge overall difference. Thanks for all the suggestions.

With that project completed, I have decided to replace the A Arm Bushings. Any suggestions on which bushings or rebuilt A Arms i should use would be much appreciated.

Thanks again...

914rubber.com
914Sixer
Get it with the installation tool.
SO.O.C914er
When installing the bushings should you use some kind of grease? If so what is best.
bbrock
Everything you wanted to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AysZlHr2lM
iankarr
Thanks, Brent for sharing the video. That one took at least a few hours off my life wink.gif.

@ken mikos If you're getting new A-arms, get the ones with the drop link brackets already installed. If you have a front sway bar, you've already got em. If you don't, someday you may want to install one and you'll be glad you don't have to mess with adding the brackets.
Larmo63
I used these, no complaints.....

https://www.elephantracing.com/porsche/914/...for-914/rubber/
IronHillRestorations
I'm working on this now, but I'm using stock bushings. They are pretty cheap, about $100 for a set of four. They are (of course) the correct durometer rubber, the difficulty is installation, which I'm working on a solution for that, but I don't know if it can be done without a press.
UROpartsman
If anyone is interested, in late 2017 we released a "Heavy Duty" performance version of our Front Control Arm Bushings 901 341 421 02KHD, which are about 30% more firm than the OEM rubber. These do require considerable heat (boiling water) and some kind of press arrangement to install, and are definitely not a slip-fit.
Frank S
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jan 11 2019, 03:46 PM) *

I'm working on this now, but I'm using stock bushings. They are pretty cheap, about $100 for a set of four. They are (of course) the correct durometer rubber, the difficulty is installation, which I'm working on a solution for that, but I don't know if it can be done without a press.

Hi Perry,

do you have a source for the Stock bushings?

Thanks,
Frank
Matty900
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jan 11 2019, 06:46 AM) *

Much easier with a tool, hot water, a lot of soft soap and a lot of patience. We have the tool and the bushings (with the correct durometer rubber) for about $65. https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/c...-install-tool-1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.