Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubber Headlight Restoration Kit Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
racerbvd
Interested as well.
davehg
I am interested in two sets for early cars. Still debating color choices, but one black for certain
Matty900
I tried to take a drone photo of the difference of the led lights to the stock bulbs. I then realized that I have them aimed too low. I will do this again when time and schedules permit. You get a pretty good idea even from this of how much better they are.
Matty900
Here's a few more
gandalf_025
I’m VERY interested in an early white set,
BUT I havent seen any mention of price...
Did I miss the price post..????
Mikey914
I know we are still working out pricing by what's in the "kit" we are trying to get the adjuster screws for the headlight complete, but having some machining issues. Yes we will offer the V2 rocket kit with as many parts as we can get as well as just the surrounds. That's why it's taking a little longer to put this together. We are also trying to do this on the new site so that there will be a "menu" that will allow for variations on the kit. So just surrounds, early / late pivit arm bushings / arms, the early brushes, with rubber flap and even holder and screw, with the H4 LEDs who what them, new plated backing plates and hardware fro the mounts, and even the paint for the substructure.

SO it's probably gonna be a few more days and the adjuster screws will be a few weeks out still, but we are also making improvements on them too!

The idea is make as complete of a kit as possible.

That and Matt is putting together some instructions that will be ready after we get the 1st step of this together.

I appreciate your patience, but I think you will find it worth the wait.

-Mark
56kabrio
I’d like the full kit with black surrounds.

Thanks

Mack
SixerJ
Interested (early white surround) but just to add a variation I’m going to install GT pop up so probably don’t need the motor links. All will become clear in due course I guess
Mr. M
Interested in a late kit
browke
I am interested in the early kit.
Matty900
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 11 2019, 06:57 PM) *

I am interested.

PM sent
Matty900
QUOTE(soccerplyr @ Jan 11 2019, 07:06 PM) *

How much?

PM Sent

Depends on what all you want in your kit.
They are listed here:
Early Kit - https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/e...ght-rebuild-kit
Late Kit - https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/l...ght-rebuild-kit

Group by is for $60 off
Matty900
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jan 11 2019, 07:37 PM) *

In for a set

PM Sent
Minerva's 914
Order placed! Thank you for putting this together

I'm assuming the group buy discount is included in the link https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/e...ght-rebuild-kit

smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(913B @ Jan 11 2019, 09:08 PM) *

I am interested

PM sent
Matty900
QUOTE(cn2800 @ Jan 14 2019, 07:41 AM) *

I’ll need an early (white) kit.

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(BFMako @ Jan 14 2019, 08:20 AM) *

Put me down for a set. 72 black

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jan 14 2019, 11:00 AM) *

I’m interested

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jan 14 2019, 11:54 AM) *

I’m interested also.

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 14 2019, 01:47 PM) *

I'll be in for a few of the individual parts.

We tried to set the kits up at a basic level for the things that you will need and then made other parts options or suggestions to try and make it as much or as little as you want for the kits. Some of the parts are only available in the kits at this time but will become available later after we have enough in stock and have filled the kit orders.

I sent you a PM with the discount code
beerchug.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(Camaro Mike @ Jan 17 2019, 05:51 PM) *

I'd be interested

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(markhoward @ Jan 17 2019, 06:33 PM) *

me too

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(peteyd @ Jan 18 2019, 05:30 AM) *

Im in for an early set

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(enikolayev @ Jan 18 2019, 07:01 AM) *

Interested in a set

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jan 18 2019, 08:59 AM) *

I wonder how many of us with Early Cars have surrounds
that look something like this ??
I can't even blame the DAPO.... I painted them in 1973.
These repro's would make life a lot easier....

I even cut my rear valance down to look like a later one...

DOH...

Click to view attachment

I think the white looks great on my Bahia Red car, but you do see all of the bugs from your night drives. I can understand why they would want to paint them black to not see all of the bugs barf.gif

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(eric914 @ Jan 18 2019, 02:21 PM) *

Me too:)

PM sent
Matty900
QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Jan 19 2019, 08:35 AM) *

Interested in 1970 white

PM Sent
Matty900

agree.gif another needed piece for our cars. beerchug.gif
[/quote]
PM sent beerchug.gif
Matty900
@Mikey914 Do you have a price yet?
[/quote]

The Price will depend on what you want in your kit. The Group Buy price is for $60 off
Make sure to look at not only the options you can add on to the kit, but also the suggested parts that are below the listings for things you may need while you are in there.

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(don-6 @ Jan 19 2019, 05:10 PM) *

Interested in an early kit with white surrounds.

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Jan 19 2019, 06:17 PM) *

Interested

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 20 2019, 09:36 AM) *

QUOTE(BPic @ Jan 19 2019, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 19 2019, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 18 2019, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Jan 18 2019, 11:59 AM) *

I wonder how many of us with Early Cars have surrounds
that look something like this ??
I can't even blame the DAPO.... I painted them in 1973.
These repro's would make life a lot easier....

I even cut my rear valance down to look like a later one...

DOH...

Click to view attachment

Most of the white headlight surrounds I pick up have been painted black. I'm all for the new ones that 914 rubber are making but the old ones can be brought back. I remove the paint by soaking in mineral spirits and then a long soak in bleach. This usually gets them back to a light cream, not bright white. After this process, if I'm not satisfied, I just paint them white with white plastic paint. If I know I am going to paint them, I skip the soaks and just bead blast them and paint. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy repos, I just don't want people to throw away the originals thinking they are ruined.

The problem is you loose the texture. So yes, you can even paint black ones white, but again the paint does fill some of the texture.

These are coming online this next week and will be shipping by Friday.
PMs will go out mid week so sign up now if you want the deal.

@Mikey914 Do you have a price yet?

Yes will be posting up Monday. We are compiling a complete kit that will have the surrounds, screws and clip nuts , as well as the pivot bushings , arms (for the late (bushings for the early metal arm, to the headlight adjuster backs and even the new screws we just made for this "kit" will run a separate GB for just the screws as we made them with an improvement over factory. The full kit will even include the paint and zip ties to hold the wiring. Also working on the install instructions to help out. Both early and late versions.

Waiting on the screws from the "Product Development Department" poke.gif
Matty900
I am interested
[/quote]
Base kits are ready but the screws are not. They will have to come out later as we are still waiting on them.
PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Jan 25 2019, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Jan 13 2019, 07:00 AM) *

ME,me,me. Pretty please. I'm in for the early whites.

Hey, I was wondering what happened to this GB. When it first appeared I went to the 914rubber website, was redirected to the new website where I looked at the white headlight surrounds and was very interested but thought I'd wait for the group buy to see if I might go that route instead.

There's been nothing on the GB and now I can't find the white surrounds on the new site, nor the old.

Did I miss something?

We were still working on components for the kits and options that you will likely want to go along with the kits. The Headlight adjuster screws proved to be more involved due to their length. So rather than wait for every possible option, we have the base kits ready and will continue to work on getting a screw kit ready for another listing.
Matty900
QUOTE(tmc914 @ Jan 25 2019, 05:29 PM) *

I am interested in a LED headlight upgrade.

Hi Tom,
We were waiting on the needed parts to come in so we could offer the LED Lights, new H4 Globes if you need them and a load resistor that you will need if you are running fog lights. (I think you are right?) Anyway. You can find them on the new site now:
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/l...ight-bulb-set-1

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help.
beerchug.gif ,
Matt
Matty900
QUOTE(wurthBob @ Jan 25 2019, 08:15 PM) *

I am interested too!

Thank you

Bob

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 26 2019, 09:00 AM) *

Interested as well.

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(davehg @ Jan 26 2019, 11:16 AM) *

I am interested in two sets for early cars. Still debating color choices, but one black for certain

We set them up so you can choose the white or black in either kit aktion035.gif

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(56kabrio @ Jan 29 2019, 09:33 PM) *

I’d like the full kit with black surrounds.

Thanks

Mack

PM Sent
Matty900
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Jan 30 2019, 03:34 AM) *

Interested (early white surround) but just to add a variation I’m going to install GT pop up so probably don’t need the motor links. All will become clear in due course I guess

@sixerJ Interesting, if you remove the motor and the push rod, will not need the brushes and the splash guard, but you will be left with a hole into your trunk that you will likely want to seal up. What are your plans for that? I sent you a PM if you want the discount code for the kit
Matty900
QUOTE(Mr. M @ Jan 30 2019, 06:07 AM) *

Interested in a late kit

PM Sent
Annapolis914
I would like set in black. Thank you
Matty900
QUOTE(Annapolis914 @ Feb 10 2019, 05:32 AM) *

I would like set in black. Thank you

PM sent
Mikey914

[/quote]
Waiting on the screws from the "Product Development Department" poke.gif
[/quote]
These are a little more difficult to do than they appear, but should have done about end of the month. biggrin.gif
maf914
Mark and Matt,

I am interested in a late model kit for my 76. Thank you.
Matty900
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 12 2019, 07:47 AM) *

Mark and Matt,

I am interested in a late model kit for my 76. Thank you.

PM Sent

Here are the links:
Early
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/e...ght-rebuild-kit

Late
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/l...ght-rebuild-kit
Luke M
Interested in 1 early and 1 late kit w/ the LED headlight bulb/globe option.
Let me know a total for each please.
mgphoto
Mine just got dropped off.

Click to view attachment
Minerva's 914
Mine came in a couple days ago, have not even opened the box yet because I know if I did, I'd never get anything work related done before the weekend. However, the weekend starts tomorrow LOL. All those other things on the "round to it" list, fer'get'a'boutIT.
horizontally-opposed
^ What I am curious about is the reach of the lights seen above. Looks like the LED has much better illumination up close, but like the halogens reach farther? Can that be right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.