Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will 944 seat belts work in our cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
It struck me this AM that 914 seat belts in good condition seem to be a bit spendy but 944 stuff is cheap (and newer).

Any reason not to use a 944 set up? I think the mounting point bolts etc are all interchangeable. Only issue I can see is physically where they mount is different and the belt length may not be compatible but I've not tried it.

Awaiting a dope slap if this is a terrible idea.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes perfectly for all 914s 72-76

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 12 2019, 08:16 AM) *

It struck me this AM that 914 seat belt sin good condition seem to be a bit spendy but 944 stuff is cheap (and newer).

Any reason not to use a 944 set up? I think the mounting point bolts etc are all interchangeable. Only issue I can see is physically where they mount is different and the belt length may not be compatible but I've not tried it.

Waiting a dope slap if this is a terrible idea.

Tdskip
Well I'll be, blind squirrel and acorn to start my Saturday.

Thanks for the confirmation George, hope it was a productive week for you and the team.
ClayPerrine
Yes, there is a set in Betty's 914.

The pin that goes into the firewall is slightly larger on the 944 seat belts. You may have to take a drill and open the hole for the pin slightly.

BTDT.
Tdskip
Thanks Clay
mb911
Interesting.. Now if anyone knows of a nice pair of 944 seats inexpensive let me know.

Sorry the hijack.
Tdskip
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 13 2019, 10:37 AM) *

Interesting.. Now if anyone knows of a nice pair of 944 seats inexpensive let me know.

Sorry the hijack.

Pelican classified and Criaglst, usually loaded with them.
mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 13 2019, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 13 2019, 10:37 AM) *

Sorry the hijack.

Pelican classified and Criaglst, usually loaded with them.

Usually waay to expensive for an 18 year old preparing for college.
AZBanks
Contact Larts parts (Luis) If he doesn't have any listed on his ebay page I'm 99.99999% sure he has tons of them sitting on a shelf.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/larts_porsche_part...788.m1543.l2754
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.