Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone know a good 914 auto body guy in Eastern Washington?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billium01
Hello, looking for a good auto body guy around eastern Washington state. Please let me know if you have someone in mind! I have a 914 in decent shape but has some rust issues. Thanks

Bill
sp11taj
QUOTE(billium01 @ Jan 15 2019, 08:57 PM) *

Hello, looking for a good auto body guy around western Washington state. Please let me know if you have someone in mind! I have a 914 in decent shape but has some rust issues. Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill.
I've used Aaron Strom @ Modern Collision on Bainbridge Island (206) 842-8053, and he's done a great job!
Terry in Poulsbo, WA.
davehg
My blue car was blasted, primered, and painted by a great guy Brad who has his shop in Carnation. 206-715-7517. He’s done three Porsche cars recently with great results.
mountainroads
QUOTE(billium01 @ Jan 15 2019, 06:57 PM) *

Hello, looking for a good auto body guy around western Washington state. Please let me know if you have someone in mind! I have a 914 in decent shape but has some rust issues. Thanks

Bill

How "good" are you looking for and how much of a hurry are you in? Rillos Restoration in Kent does great work. Kerstan has done plenty of 911s, 356s, etc. Pricey, but top-notch paint and bodywork. He did my -6.

- MR
sixnotfour
budget is $$$ thing
rhodyguy
Not $$$. $$$$$$$$ and you take it apart and put it together.
DickSteinkamp
"a 914 in decent shape but has some rust issues"

Oxymoron? smile.gif

You probably need someone with a lot of experience with a MIG welder...not just a body man.

Just as a caution, if there is "some rust"...there is probably a lot more that will be found once the car is apart to fix that which can be seen. Also, having it done professionally gets real expensive real quickly. sad.gif
rhodyguy
Then the 'we found more problems' phone calls. headbang.gif Have you ever removed the rocker panels?
billium01
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've gone through the car pretty extensively already. It's a solid car. Just some rust under the battery tray and some less than ideal collision repair to the right front. Was going to tackle it myself but just haven't had the time. Ideally I'm looking for someone in Western Washington or maybe the Idaho panhandle. I live in Spokane. Thanks for your time!

Bill
rhodyguy
Where do you live? Try member '914werke'. That would be the Lynwood/Martha Lake area. Your car doesn't sound bad at all.
sixnotfour
Spokane thats Eastern Washington,, Idaho Panhandle more East..
billium01
Duh! Sorry guys I meant Eastern Washington!
Samuelrocky
QUOTE(billium01 @ Jan 15 2019, 06:57 PM) *

Hello, looking for a good auto body guy around eastern Washington state. Please let me know if you have someone in mind! I have a 914 in decent shape but has some rust issues. Thanks

Bill

I have used Glen Vaughn Restoration Services, Inc. in Post Falls, Idaho. They fixed a door dent in my 73 Porsche 914. They were great to work with and allowed me to get the car ready for them by taking the inner door panel apart and removing the wing window and door handle. They bid the job, matched the paint perfectly, and stayed within the bid. The are not fast--this is a restoration shop, not a body shop. The result was a perfect job!! They are very particular and take pride in their work. They work on all kinds of classic cars.

Sam
tailwind22
Mild to Wild in Moses Lake, WA does superb, show quality work. Helped me with a 930 restoration that one of the most prominent Porsche shops in the PNW called the best paint job he ever saw. They have also done a total rotisserie resto of a 914 so they know their way around those cars also.
billium01
Thanks guys. Didn't see those last 2 replies. Found a great shop in Spokane called "OCD customs". Real artisans, they do awsome work! Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif Looks great popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.