Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone ever seen or done 18" rims on a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
Probably on a rolled fender teener at the very least...?
sj914
What size 18's. If your talking bout 18x7 I think they'd fit on a stock fendered car, but if your thinking wide 18's like 18x11 you'd need more than just rolling than the lip.
neo914-6
Come over, I'll show you...

Bring your welder too laugh.gif
Dr. Roger
Felix, those are 18"??????

whatcha' need welded??? biggrin.gif
db9146
Here is a 914 on 18s. Looks pretty good although the scale is a little off IMHO. This is the same 914 with a Boxster trans. that the owner spent BIG bucks to have installed (more than a nice 914 goes for and then some).
neo914-6
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 20 2005, 04:54 PM)
Felix, those are 18"??????

whatcha' need welded??? biggrin.gif

Roger,

Here's my wheels and flares

I found a few rust spots but probably can take care of them with the car running.
914_1.8t
Here's mine...I think it looks good cool.gif Not too un-proportionate (did I spell that right?)
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (914_1.8t @ Jun 20 2005, 10:35 PM)
Here's mine...I think it looks good cool.gif Not too un-proportionate (did I spell that right?)

Oh my gawd, that is soooo sick.

What are the exact specs on your wheels/tires????? smilie_pokal.gif
sj914
914_1.8t,
Are you using a cas can for a jack stand? confused24.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE (914_1.8t @ Jun 21 2005, 01:35 AM)

OK, Lets see a few more pics at a few different angles...
And could you give us all of the details pleazzzzeeeee...... (Make, size where you bought them, link, etc.)

One picture is just a tease...... biggrin.gif

TE
RON S.
Here's an old pic of my teener.

Ron
MoveQik
QUOTE (sj914 @ Jun 21 2005, 01:34 AM)
914_1.8t,
Are you using a cas can for a jack stand? confused24.gif

I have to assume that the car is on stands and he just propped the wheel up there to tease us.

Where are some more pics???!! That looks awesome.
Mueller
QUOTE (914_1.8t @ Jun 20 2005, 11:35 PM)

hey Sonu,

look'n good.....I'll have to swing on by this week to sneak a peak....

meares
"Here's mine...I think it looks good Not too un-proportionate (did I spell that right?) ".................that is going to be a fucking monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE give us the specs!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif make of wheel also. beerchug.gif
914_1.8t
Thanks for the compliments guys...the wheels are 18x8.5 Front (225x40xzr18) and 18x9.5 Rear (265x35xzr18....soon to be 275 or 285x30xzr18 or wider). These are my old wheels from my Passat and have some serious curb rash on them (thanks to my bro blink.gif ). I figured why not throw them on here for now. They are Stitch and to be honest I don't know the model number/name of the wheel...I know that is dumb but I had a freind get them for me back in the days. The wheels are 2 piece with 38mm offset and 5x112 bolt pattern.

I just had 1 1/4" front and 2 1/2" rear spacers/adapters made....they are excellent quality and I will post some pics of them later. The pic is of me test fitting the wheel with the adapter and actually it's a empty bleach (or liquid soap) can used to prop up the wheel at what my ride hight will be. biggrin.gif I chopped the top off of it and use to drain my oil during oil changes....the little knob to pour out the liquid help to fill up empty milk gallons for recycling/disposal. screwy.gif

I'm just finishing up everything ...and car should be running solid within a week...or two. My conversion's not pretty...it's low budget and I did everything myself (first project ever) so don't expect anything special. But it is effective and I think it will be solid performer and definately is a great option for conversions and good on the pocket compared to some. I'll post info to make it easier for anyone else who wants to do this.

Mike: I managed to pop out on of the inner bearing while installing the hubs...so I'll need some assistance from you again... screwy.gif And you gotta help me out with the rear coil over conversion you did...very nice pray.gif I'm not going to be home much next two days...you wanna meet up on Thurday?
914_1.8t
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Jun 21 2005, 04:59 AM)
QUOTE (914_1.8t @ Jun 21 2005, 01:35 AM)

OK, Lets see a few more pics at a few different angles...
And could you give us all of the details pleazzzzeeeee...... (Make, size where you bought them, link, etc.)

One picture is just a tease...... biggrin.gif

TE

Gimme a week and i'll post more pics...
Dr. Roger
I noticed that 18" wheels get the tire very close to the rear suspension arm mounts on the body.

Am I trippin' over nothing or is this an issue? ohmy.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 21 2005, 06:16 PM)
I noticed that 18" wheels get the tire very close to the rear suspension arm mounts on the body.

huh???

the diameter of the rim has nothing to do with fitment (unless you went too small like a 13" rim which might not fit over the brakes smile.gif )

it's all in width and offset/backspacing......keep the backspacing to no more than 5" to 5.5" (approx) and you'll be fine

Dr. Roger
Mike,
I mean the distance from the tread of the tire to the whatchmakallit "swing arm?" where it attaaches to the body???
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 21 2005, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 21 2005, 06:16 PM)

huh???

the diameter of the rim has nothing to do with fitment (unless you went too small like a 13" rim which might not fit over the brakes smile.gif )

it's all in width and offset/backspacing......keep the backspacing to no more than 5" to 5.5" (approx) and you'll be fine

agree.gif
BTW Mike, do you know why modern wheels have so much postitive offset? My wheels are very wide but outwardly don't appear as such. My guess is larger brakes or wider track...

hijacked.gif Maybe this should be in another thread
Dr. Roger
Hey Felix,

feel free to hijack. i like knowing everything i can about wheels.
lybones
This 14 looks like it has 18's. Black is sooo beautiful. wub.gif
914_1.8t
QUOTE (lybones @ Jun 21 2005, 11:07 PM)
This 14 looks like it has 18's. Black is sooo beautiful. wub.gif

wow...that's beutiful!

Any more pics of it?
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (db9146 @ Jun 20 2005, 05:14 PM)
Here is a 914 on 18s. Looks pretty good although the scale is a little off IMHO. This is the same 914 with a Boxster trans. that the owner spent BIG bucks to have installed (more than a nice 914 goes for and then some).

That looks sharp.
Dr. Roger
Geez, all of these 14's w/18" wheels look so hot.

Now to come up with the perfect flairs to house the wheels. Not those GT style fenders (no offense to those who do.....) biggrin.gif

So far I'm luvin' the red teen's rear fenders. Baby!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.