Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 1.8 at Bonhams Scottsdale auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mayne
I didn't see this posted here before, but I might have missed it. It will be interesting to see what the final bid on this car will be. Same year and color as mine, except my car has backdated bumpers. And my car doesn't look nearly as nice!

www.Bonhams.com

Hopefully this link works, but if not it's Lot #71 on the Bonham's website for the Scottsdale auction.
rhodyguy
20-25k est for riviera wheels? I don't care if the offset is correct. Not too keen on the color match valance.
Bleyseng
a POS Weber single carb 1.8L gets 95rwhp! a $10,000car at best
rhodyguy
Where I live you would pay a sales tax based on the sales' paper work when you brought it home. Buyers premium and it's a 30k car if it reaches the high end. You going to drive it home? Mo' money. No thanks.
bretth
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 16 2019, 01:54 PM) *

Funny thing is there is Ljet on the motor in the pics. Someone's just making wild guesses in the car's description.
Dave_Darling
Oh, I misunderstood what people were complaining about.

Yes, the specs are odd and wrong. The car looks nice and shiny, at least!

--DD
jim_hoyland
Nice pics...Added to VIN database
dr914@autoatlanta.com
did not know that it had a single weber carb, plus the interior redone? NOW I doubt the miles so change my opinion to "well sold"

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 16 2019, 11:54 AM) *

Mayne
Well, it's a no-reserve auction, so I suppose the market will speak, though buyers might get caught up in the auction hype and bid high. If it's really as nice as it seems, the few odd items could be made more original for a small additional investment. Personally, I hope it makes all the money because it will encourage me, and maybe others, to restore and maintain their cars to the best level they can.

My brother will be there tomorrow, so he might see the hammer fall on this auction.
second wind
95 rear wheel horsepower out of a 1.8? Really? Does anyone know what my 2056 2.0 has then? Sounds very high to me...thank you,
gg
JeffBowlsby
When "lovely" and "914" are used in the same sentence I shudder...They used the L-word twice.
rhodyguy
To keep the party going... door cards. Very shiney.
second wind
How do you close the passenger door?
gg
rhodyguy
I was underwhelmed and quit looking. Both doors. At least they match. Very shiny.
SKL1
Saw that car today. OK but nothing special. Didn't notice the carb/engine but didn't open the engine lid. Best car for me at Bonhams was a low mileage Z3 M coupe. Guess that silhouette has always appealed to me since I wanted a MGB-GT in high school. There was also a very nice low mileage 968 coupe.

There was a nice '73 2.0 at Gooding... was going to open the lid on that car but they had a sign on the floor by handle saying don't touch without assistance!
1970-1914
Sold for 19,600 incl buyers premium.

Click to view attachment
Mayne
QUOTE(1970-1914 @ Jan 17 2019, 05:21 PM) *

Sold for 19,600 incl buyers premium.

Click to view attachment

Yeah I watched the auction live on their website. Solid money for a car that is a very nice driver. I used to like Rivieras on 914s, but the longer I looked at them, the less I liked them. I’ll stick with my Mahles until I do a five lug conversion.
Dave_Darling
Folks, the car has the correct factory L-jet, at least in the photos.

The data panel, on the other hand, says that it has a single carburetor and makes 95 HP...

--DD
mepstein
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 18 2019, 07:53 PM) *

Folks, the car has the correct factory L-jet, at least in the photos.

The data panel, on the other hand, says that it has a single carburetor and makes 95 HP...

--DD

A car ad isn’t accurate? I can’t believe it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.