Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:Propose a Separate 924/944/951/968 Garage Forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
An idea during my lunch time. This is a request to @SirAndy to consider adding a forum for 924 and 944 based cars.

The other 944 forums out there aren't too busy and for newbies it's hard to determine whom to take advice from. Responses take days to get if you get one at all. Here the community seems tighter and busier and lots of us have 944s, etc. to compliment our 914s. I see posts here for 944 info regularly.

I recently bought a 1984 944 and can't believe how amazing a car it is.

I'm not sure how much work it is to add a forum but I think it would be great for each of us to access the crowd here for the 944 as well as the 914. All in one place.

Just an idea; please don't shoot me down if I offend anyone in anyway. Thanks Gary

A crappy cell phone pic cause everyone likes pics.
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they are the new affordable Porsche

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 16 2019, 12:58 PM) *

An idea during my lunch time. This is a request to @SirAndy to consider adding a forum for 924 and 944 based cars.

The other 944 forums out there aren't too busy and for newbies it's hard to determine whom to take advice from. Responses take days to get if you get one at all. Here the community seems tighter and busier and lots of us have 944s, etc. to compliment our 914s. I see posts here for 944 info regularly.

I recently bought a 1984 944 and can't believe how amazing a car it is.

I'm not sure how much work it is to add a forum but I think it would be great for each of us to access the crowd here for the 944 as well as the 914. All in one place.

Just an idea; please don't shoot me down if I offend anyone in anyway. Thanks Gary

A crappy cell phone pic cause everyone likes pics.
Click to view attachment

jmitro
I'm not offended by the proposal, but I don't think it's a good idea.

Rennlist has the best and most active 924/944/951/968 forum, with subforums for each group. the general forum is very active.
Pelican Parts has a decent forum.

starting a 944 forum on "914world" just doesn't seem to make sense to me
Chris914n6
The reason World is so active is because we hang out with each other and talk cars. All the tech stuff has been covered several times. The only thing 'new' comes from Vendors.
I've had little problem finding answers at Pelican or Rennlist, so I don't see a need to add another avenue.
mb911
I use pelican for 944 stuff it is fairly responsive
914_teener
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 16 2019, 01:26 PM) *

I'm not offended by the proposal, but I don't think it's a good idea.

Rennlist has the best and most active 924/944/951/968 forum, with subforums for each group. the general forum is very active.
Pelican Parts has a decent forum.

starting a 944 forum on "914world" just doesn't seem to make sense to me

I agree....big following on Rennlist.
7TPorsh
Ok, I should probably try the other sites again. I can see where were going. Thanks for listening.
mb911
Not saying I don't like the idea just that pelican has a decent group.
ConeDodger
No. mad.gif
Ansbacher
I kind of like the idea of putting all the Porsche "step children" in one place (914,924,928,944,968), but it would only be acceptable if the links were absolutely discreet. Crossover discussions would dilute the wonderful 914 content we have here. As a former 924, 924S, and 928 owner, I understand the OP's intent.

Ansbacher
KELTY360
If there were a separate forum for those cars I'd rarely to never visit. But, I read posts for those same cars when they come up in the garage all the time. I think a separate forum would limit the audience.
SirAndy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jan 16 2019, 09:36 PM) *
I think a separate forum would limit the audience.

agree.gif
wes
I love 944’s but let’s face it “914world” is the name why would someone interested in a 944 look under the name starting with 914. At that point you may as well rename it to Porscheworld, I say no no!
GeorgeRud
And if you named it Porscheworld, you’d get a nasty letter from Porsche’s attorneys. They’re quite fussy about that.
jmitro
when I joined rennlist 20 years ago it was actually called Porschelist.
injunmort
I have old british motorcycles and a 280z, could we start forums for those on here to satisfy my needs. thanks
Mark Henry
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jan 19 2019, 09:16 AM) *

I have old british motorcycles and a 280z, could we start forums for those on here to satisfy my needs. thanks

I have a bug with a 914 engine...I demand a "Bug with 914 engine" forum biggrin.gif

Yeh right...when have my demands ever been met... rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif
Steve
I’m not against it, but I doubt it will get enough traction to be worth it.
I have a 3.2 914. We do have some 3.2 experts on this site, but I get better or more answers on Pelican. I doubt that’s going to change. I mainly hang out on world for events and general 914 information.
wes
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 18 2019, 07:36 AM) *

And if you named it Porscheworld, you’d get a nasty letter from Porsche’s attorneys. They’re quite fussy about that.

Just kidding about any name change but you’re definitely right the Porsche lawyers would be all over that.
AZBanks
can we call it 9#4world?
914bub
I think keeping it air cooled keeps it more pure. Soooooo........

Can we fire up the Harley Forum?! (Cause most folks on HDForums are a bunch of tools).
7TPorsh
Wow you guys really like to dead horse.gif
7TPorsh
worn
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jan 22 2019, 10:01 AM) *

If it were a live horse it would be cruel.
rhodyguy
Might make for an ackward sandbox.
AZBanks
Since we DON'T have a 944 forum here and everyone here has a build thread, I decided to do a build/project thread over on the bird.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924...ect-thread.html
r_towle
You know those are Audi’s, right?
AZBanks
NARP's UNITE!!!!!!!
Madswede
I miss my 968 sometimes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.