Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Textured Speaker Pods From 914 Rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914Sixer
Saw these on Ebay. I don't remember any information on these. Maybe the guys at 914 Rubber will chime in.
ConeDodger
@matty900
76-914
Aren't those the one that they came out with in 2017? To replace the stock ones so you can use a larger standard speaker. confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
Mikey914
We will do a GB for those that might have missed it. Just need 10 takers.
These are nice in that you can use speakers with bigger magnets. 6-1/2 by at least
2-1/8 deep. I’ll have to double check as it’s been awhile but I think 2-3/8” work on these. The screw in with factory mounts and can easily go back to stock if you want to put the old ones back in. Much better than cutting holes in your door panels.

$49.99 ($20 off) but need 10 takers.

Who’s in?
Mark Henry
Are they FG or plastic?

windforfun
Here's what I did. I took the radio out.
CMONNETT
I'd like a set.
Chi-town
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 17 2019, 11:27 AM) *

Took the radio out but left the speakers in? laugh.gif
mkinne
I'd like a set too thumb3d.gif

-M
TravisNeff
In for a set
windforfun
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jan 17 2019, 12:30 PM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 17 2019, 11:27 AM) *

Took the radio out but left the speakers in? laugh.gif

The speakers are gone too. What you see is a "kick" pad glued to the enclosure. These enclosures are made of FG with no center hole. I think I had to paint them. The stock enclosures are ugly as hell & they were in terrible condition. The car only has 48K miles on it, but somebody was rather clumsy with their feet. My feet are so big that I had to remove the center console.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 17 2019, 11:19 AM) *

Are they FG or plastic?

Originally they were fiberglass they are now sturdy ABS plastic.
Mark
Mikey914
@matty900 did a install with a hidden radio. I’m sure he’ll post up some pics soon.
Pretty slick.
56kabrio
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 17 2019, 12:57 PM) *

@matty900 did a install with a hidden radio. I’m sure he’ll post up some pics soon.
Pretty slick.

I’ll take a set.

Thanks

Mack
cpavlenko
I'll take a set.
Mark Henry
I'll take 2 sets.

Any other GB deals going on right now or shortly?
@mikey914
markhoward
I’m in for a set
Matty900
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 17 2019, 01:39 PM) *

I'll take 2 sets.

Any other GB deals going on right now or shortly?
@mikey914

We have one for the headlight restoration kit and we will be doing one for the springs
914forme
Put me down for a set
914Sixer
I am in for a set.
Jett
I’m in for one set, please
ConeDodger
Ahh damn it! mad.gif I’ll take a set! And one of those fancy new targa pads too! biggrin.gif
rgolia
Count me in for one set
mmichalik
Me too, please
Mr. M
Im in for a set
Mikey914
PMs will go out tomorrow.

Mark
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 18 2019, 12:12 AM) *

Ahh damn it! mad.gif I’ll take a set! And one of those fancy new targa pads too! biggrin.gif

Targa pads?
HansJan
This is a good deal. I paid $70 to 914AP last year.
Click to view attachment
aharder
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 17 2019, 11:12 PM) *

agree.gif I'm in biggrin.gif
mmichalik
I'll take a set if it's not too late
R Dub
I'm in for a set if it's still available.
914Sixer
Anybody get a PM on these yet?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 23 2019, 10:13 AM) *

Anybody get a PM on these yet?

Mark sometimes gets called in to fly. He can’t predict it so it messes with what he plans...
914Sixer
Hey,
I understand and am not complaining. Just checking.
Mikey914
I'm working on these right now
Mikey914
Ok PMs sent we were actually putting together a deal to include the out of site audio product for those that want one. We can't discount that product, but we can make our speaker pods $20 lower than the GB.
So if you are interested in one of these

http://www.outofsightaudio.com/home.html

We will be able to sell you a pod set at $25 a set with one of these.
rgolia
Thanks Mark - now that I have the speaker pods coming, does anyone have recommendations on the best speaker to put in them. Lots of 6.5 inch to pick from, just looking for advice/experience.
914Sixer
Try Crutchfield for quality. Mine on the way too.
914forme
Good speaker if you can drive them is Infinity, the reference comes in a 6.5" with a shallow depth mount. Here

Or if you have the depth the Kappa series would be a great choice. Here. These Kappa's you can tip the tweeters to get them closer to a direct line of your ears.

Both have a sensitivity of 93 dB or great, but they drop into the 2 to 3 Ohm range, some head units will not like that. But changing Ohm range is a pretty easy step.

If you where going for the ideal setup, the drivers side would be angled closer to your left, almost firing right up your leg, and the right would be tilted upwards towards your right year.

Being ABS that could still be done, but why confused24.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(914forme @ Jan 23 2019, 05:08 PM) *

Good speaker if you can drive them is Infinity, the reference comes in a 6.5" with a shallow depth mount. Here

Or if you have the depth the Kappa series would be a great choice. Here. These Kappa's you can tip the tweeters to get them closer to a direct line of your ears.

Both have a sensitivity of 93 dB or great, but they drop into the 2 to 3 Ohm range, some head units will not like that. But changing Ohm range is a pretty easy step.

If you where going for the ideal setup, the drivers side would be angled closer to your left, almost firing right up your leg, and the right would be tilted upwards towards your right year.

Being ABS that could still be done, but why confused24.gif

To change the part we would have to change the mold, sounds like your talking a significant change. Our point here is to save the door panels and give something that is somewhat stock looking. How many degrees would it have to be changed?

It would be possible to shim the back out a few, but at a certain point you interfere with the drivers leg.
kid914
Interested in a set. To Canada.
ConeDodger
Got mine yesterday... evilgrin.gif
914forme
Yes delivery was very quick thank you.
Superhawk996
I'm in for a set.
914Sixer
Got my set Mon. Waiting on speakers and baffles to come in.
rgolia
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 30 2019, 01:00 PM) *

Got my set Mon. Waiting on speakers and baffles to come in.

What did you get?....I have the pods now need the sound
914Sixer
I am using some Old School 6.5 Blaupunkt 652 coaxial speaker because I am using a stock Blaupunkt AM FM LW 9watt radio. Might hook up 60 watt matching amp. $10 foam baffel to trap the bass NOT the metal behind speaker.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 30 2019, 12:33 PM) *

$10 foam baffel to trap the bass NOT the metal behind speaker.

The foam baffles actually hurt. Tiny airspace and a flexible diaphragm basically muffles cone response. There have been several shared experiences since they are marketed for door speaker use.
I'd try polyfill first and enclose as much of it as feasible.
914Sixer
Thank you for the information. Sound systems are not in my wheel house. I continue to learn something everyday.
914Sixer
Speakers installed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.