Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cerakote Coatings Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisO
Hi All,

I've seen pictures of parts painted with ceracote coatings, and they do look good. Does anyone have any experience with how well they hold up, or if they provide good rust or corrosion protection?

-Dennis
mb911
QUOTE(DennisO @ Jan 19 2019, 10:06 AM) *

Hi All,

I've seen pictures of parts painted with ceracote coatings, and they do look good. Does anyone have any experience with how well they hold up, or if they provide good rust or corrosion protection?

-Dennis

Dennis,

I use it on my fans and even on my wheels for years now.. It's great stuff.. If you look up tru-6.com Shaun has a ton of parts done with cerakote.
mepstein
Also used a bunch on firearms and exhaust.
You can get samples from the company in any color they have.
Ben did some fans for me. Looked great.
Their chrome paint is the closest match I’ve seen to chrome - at least from 10’ away.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 19 2019, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(DennisO @ Jan 19 2019, 10:06 AM) *

Hi All,

-Dennis

Dennis,

I use it on my fans and even on my wheels for years now.. It's great stuff.. If you look up tru-6.com Shaun has a ton of parts done with cerakote.

agree.gif
Shaun is a good guy, I 2nd the recommendation, long time bird member.
914_teener
Their purpose is threefold.

Looks
Thermal characteristics
Corrosion prevention.

DennisO
Great info - thanks guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.