Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB a windshield for a 72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Boothy
Hello,

Need a windshield for a 72. Not fussy. Will pay for shipping or will pickup in the northeast.
mepstein
All the years fit the same.
If you want cheaper chinese glass (works fine), check with your local auto glass installer, usually around $200-250. If you want the higher end, go to your local Porsche dealer $450-500.
The advantage of going local for either type is not having to pay shipping - Usually $150-200 since it has to be crated.
We by our glass 5 at a time since the crating charge is the same and the weight is only slightly more.
Tdskip
Welcome.

Worth noting there are many good discussions about fitting the windshield here that are worth reading f you are doing this yourself.
mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Jan 20 2019, 09:27 AM) *

Welcome.

Worth noting there are many good discussions about fitting the windshield here that are worth reading f you are doing this yourself.

I agree and one thing I thought was interesting recently was the discussion about urethane helping with structural stiffness versus what came from the factory..
Boothy
Thank you all. Good advice that I will heed. I've done lots of engines and bodywork but windshields suck.
sfrenck
Prosource Glass International is in Andover, MA. I got my windshield from them and was quite happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.