Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's a good place to get bumpers rechromed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav

Anybody have any recommendations?

I've got some dents that need to be straightened out too.
Joe Bob
GPR used to have a bumper exchange program.....if yours isn't too bad he'll sell ya one and take yours in trade.

800-321-5432 ext502 ask for Dave.
McMark
We just got some stuff from Stockton Plating, recently acquired by Keystone. Looks great, but I don't know about straightening. I'll get more info on Wed.
JeffBowlsby
Superior Plating and Faith Plating are the only two around here Olav.
olav
Thanks!

I'll try out Superior.
EdwardBlume
There's a bumper place in Santa Clara off of Lafayette that does outstanding show quality work. Not cheap.
olav

I got my bumper back from Superior Chrome in San Jose.

It looks great. smilie_pokal.gif

They fixed a dent, straightened it out a bit, and filled some holes the PO drilled to mount those wacky round metal crests that people put on their car.

I think I'll get the front one done too.

They charged $350.00

ConeDodger
I am having a set of bumpers done by AAA Plating in Sacramento. They will be the last bumpers he does as he has decided they are too much work. I am paying $400 for both front and rear. They have small dents he will take care of and some pitting under the tits which he is taking a crack at to see if perhaps he can get done well enough so I don't need the tits when he is done.

I suppose now I will need to find the new rubber bumper tops as I am backdating...

Rob
neo914-6
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
before and after...
olav

I'll install the bumper this weekend and post some pictures.

Rob,

$400.00 for both front and rear sounds like a awesome deal!! boldblue.gif
olav
Some pics..
olav
Another one...
olav
Yet another one...
olav
Last one...

smilie_pokal.gif
olav

Can't even tell where the holes were filled in and a dent taken out on one of the sides...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.