Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Relocation/ Central Tunnel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Str1974
welcome.png I purchased a 1974 914 1.8 a few months ago (no rust). Have been replacing rubber, bushings and hoses etc... I replaced the central tunnel plastic fuel lines with new stainless steel lines (one larger diameter/one smaller diameter) for a 1974 model with fuel pump at engine. While replacing the master cylinder and having the tank out, I decided to relocate the fuel pump to the front near the steering rack. My question is: do I have to replace the larger tunnel line with another 8 mm line, or can I relocate the pump to the front and keep the larger line in the tunnel?

I would hate to have to buy another SS fuel line kit to get the both 8 mm lines for 75-76 models, since I just had bought the pre 1974 lines if it was not critical to have both lines 8 mm going to engine, now that the pump is in front.

I want to do it the correct way, but can't find info of the correct way for tunnel lines when a pump has been relocated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
saigon71
I went through this a couple years ago.

I left the larger stainless tank line in & simply used brass fittings to adapt to rubber hose sizes as needed up front.

Str1974
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jan 23 2019, 11:56 AM) *

I went through this a couple years ago.

I left the larger stainless tank line in & simply used brass fittings to adapt to rubber hose sizes as needed up front.

It doesn't mess with the fuel pressure if the diameter is larger after the fuel pump?
ChrisFoley
Nothing wrong with leaving the larger supply line in the tunnel.
You need 3 adapters instead of one. In addition to the one at the firewall you need one between the tank and the filter, and one between the pump and tunnel line.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.