Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Heat Exchangers for Backdating 1.8 1975
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
moldygreg
Hi there -

Maybe this is a long shot??? Looking to backdate the Heat Exchangers for a 1.8 1975.

Ideally, Pacific NW so as to save on shipping.

Not urgent,

PS - in searching threads, it was difficult to find a definitive list of parts needed for the backdate, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

Many thanks in advance-
Greg
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(moldygreg @ Jan 23 2019, 04:33 PM) *

Hi there -

Maybe this is a long shot??? Looking to backdate the Heat Exchangers for a 1.8 1975.

Ideally, Pacific NW so as to save on shipping.

Not urgent,

PS - in searching threads, it was difficult to find a definitive list of parts needed for the backdate, so if someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

Many thanks in advance-
Greg

Greg,

You will need the exchangers, muffler bracket and a muffler. I have a set of SSI 1.7 - 1.8 and muffler racket if you are interested.

Message me if you are interested.
914werke
Well youll need a couple more pieces if you want to retain heat. The j tubes are diffrent & you will need the flap valve connecting pipes as those arent used on the late HE's.
Not to mention the lower air tin
rhodyguy
+ warm air elbows, warm air guides (L is trans specific), L/R branch pieces and the 4 clamping pieces.
moldygreg
Thanks --- whoever has this available... I'm looking for complete set-up.

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 24 2019, 12:59 PM) *

+ warm air elbows, warm air guides (L is trans specific), L/R branch pieces and the 4 clamping pieces.

ndfrigi
QUOTE(moldygreg @ Jan 24 2019, 01:14 PM) *

Probably hard to find one seller for all of it.
But you can start with 1.7/1.8 Heat exchanger, 1.7/1.8 muffler hanger and muffler.
You can later add the H.E. small tin parts.

I did that on my previous 75 1.8.
moldygreg
Good advice- thanks!

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 24 2019, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(moldygreg @ Jan 24 2019, 01:14 PM) *

Probably hard to find one seller for all of it.
But you can start with 1.7/1.8 Heat exchanger, 1.7/1.8 muffler hanger and muffler.
You can later add the H.E. small tin parts.

I did that on my previous 75 1.8.

1970-1914
I have a set of heat exchangers in decent shape here In Abbotsford BC that came off my 1970 1.7l. You can have the pair for $50. If you are ever up in the Bellingham area I could meet you.
moldygreg
Definitely interested --- I'll send you a PM

QUOTE(1970-1914 @ Jan 25 2019, 07:42 AM) *

I have a set of heat exchangers in decent shape here In Abbotsford BC that came off my 1970 1.7l. You can have the pair for $50. If you are ever up in the Bellingham area I could meet you.

rhodyguy
Hope this works out for you.
jcd914
I would suggest looking for a pair of SSI heat exchangers, they flow better than stock heat exchangers.
The 1.7/1.8 SSI's and the 2.0 SSI's use the same diameter stainless steel tubing, so either work as well as the other.

Then find a muffler and exhaust hanger that go with the SSI's you get.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.