Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matching Numbers 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
racerbvd
Due to some family, business & health issues, I don't see myself finishing this restoration, all the major components have been rebuilt. Car is located at Series 9, in Deland, FL. available to be seen by appointment.
$80K as is (down to final reassembly) and ready to finish this chapter and go to my next.

1970 Porsche 914-6

Matching Numbers 1970 914-6, #9140432240 and are in the process of restoring it to concours condition. This will be the 2nd time this Six has been restored, but this time it went back to the OEM color.
As stated, this is a bare metal restoration of a solid matching numbers 914-6, full mechanical restoration done by i-Systems, who builts and tuned engines for many prominent Porsche race teams including the Brumos Porsche 59 914-6 race car.
Engine Cylinder Combustion Analysis - iSystems Performance
PMB Performance restored the brake calipers, bumpers have been rechromes, ect.

No expense has been spared, and more pictures available or can be seen on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...9512&type=3
The 914 program was initially intended to be a joint program between Volkswagen and Porsche. Unfortunately, VW pulled out and Porsche took over the project. Ferry Porsche intended the 914 to attract younger drivers. The 914-6 models were very limited and exclusive. Only 3,300 cars were built worldwide.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
mountainroads
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 24 2019, 07:08 AM) *

Due to some family, business & health issues, I don't see myself finishing this restoration, all the major components have been rebuilt. Car is located at Series 9, in Deland, FL. available to be seen by appointment.
$80K as is (down to final reassembly) and ready to finish this chapter and go to my next.

1970 Porsche 914-6

Matching Numbers 1970 914-6, #9140432240 and are in the process of restoring it to concours condition. This will be the 2nd time this Six has been restored, but this time it went back to the OEM color.
As stated, this is a bare metal restoration of a solid matching numbers 914-6, full mechanical restoration done by i-Systems, who builts and tuned engines for many prominent Porsche race teams including the Brumos Porsche 59 914-6 race car.
Engine Cylinder Combustion Analysis - iSystems Performance
PMB Performance restored the brake calipers, bumpers have been rechromes, ect.

No expense has been spared, and more pictures available or can be seen on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...9512&type=3
The 914 program was initially intended to be a joint program between Volkswagen and Porsche. Unfortunately, VW pulled out and Porsche took over the project. Ferry Porsche intended the 914 to attract younger drivers. The 914-6 models were very limited and exclusive. Only 3,300 cars were built worldwide.

IPB Image
[

Very nice car. Sorry you're not going to get a chance to finish it sad.gif As much as Porsche charges for the COA, and as difficult they are about providing missing information (original engine #, if you don't already know it, etc.), You'd think they would at least get the VIN printed correctly.

- MR
Cairo94507
I am sorry to see you will not be completing this beautiful car. Someone is going to get a terrific Six that they can be very proud of. Wishing you the best and GLWTS. beerchug.gif
Beebo Kanelle
What is the estimated cost of completion? (assuming Series 9 does the work)
racerbvd
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Jan 25 2019, 12:44 PM) *

What is the estimated cost of completion? (assuming Series 9 does the work)

That depends on how detailed you go, there is a big difference in concours and driver.
I was going for concours, but I am a driver, not a waxer, and I still have 3 other teenagers, 2 of which have I have close, emotional attachments too, and I would love to finish and enjoy them, as I will be able too drive them. Also in queue for build R my
81 SC, Chester 924S and want to restore my 78SC.
So you might say that I have a full plate.
shoguneagle
I know how you enjoyed working on the 914-4s and 914-6 over the years. This car reflects the high level of restoration you have done over the years.
Very sorry life demands will not let you finish one of your projects.

Should be a great car for someone to finish. Best to you and your family.

Steve Hurt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.