Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windage Tray Install Tips?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
As the title says: how do you keep the windage tray seals where they are supposed to be when installing the engine case halves together? Those little buggers don't like to do what they are told. Do you use one of the sealants or some other way to adhere them in place so they don't flop around?

Not the sexiest question of the day, but then I specialize in those...
Mike D.
I've used a thick grease to hold them in place.

More recently, and this is a two man job, rubber bands. But you need the second set of hands to pull the rubber bands out while holding the case halves apart just enough...
BeatNavy
I thought about rubber bands, but didn't think you could remove them. So I guess you just slide the case together just enough to lock the seals in place and then remove the rubber bands?

Ok. I need a second set of hands. Son is back at school. Neighbor not around when I need him. The dogs apparently don't have opposable thumbs (and don't follow directions very well). Looks like my wife gets to get her hands oily again smile.gif

Thanks, Mike. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.