Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 914 2.0 complete car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
flynt
I have a 73 914 2.0 I'm going to be selling very soon. I bought the car when I had high hopes of replicating the 914 my dad gave me as a first car, and giving it to him as a gift. I realized after having twins that this was never going to happen, and bought a restored 914 for him instead.

The car is not running. Was parked in the desert a long time. The guy I got it from said he got it to crank but never got it running. Car is complete (trim, interior, top, fog lights, center console...) needs a complete restoration. Has webers, no fuel injection parts. Body is mostly straight and mostly rust-free (rear trunk has some holes, battery tray is rusty). Car was originally yellow, now black, needing full respray. GA engine code, number scratched off. I'll throw in a set of vintage Minilites. Price is $2000. Clean title, non-op, with CA blue plates.

I'll get photos up next week. Trying to gauge interest.

EDIT:
Weridness in the trunk area (as pointed out by an interested party) leads me to believe this car had a front impact sometime in it's life. Sale is off for now while I figure out what I want to do.
Stltri
Sent you a PM.
Tdskip
Pm sent
flynt
Okay, lots of interest. biggrin.gif I'll respond in the order received.

I have my work cut out for me this weekend - I'll get it cleaned up and shoot some photos this weekend, update the ad next week. It is very dirty (sitting in the desert a long time) and on 3 steel wheels and 1 fuch.
tpines
If the other guys don't buy it let me know. I'm right next to you in La Costa. Would love to take a look. Thanks so much!

Clark
760 670 5327
liebe
QUOTE(flynt @ Jan 25 2019, 05:28 PM) *

I have a 73 914 2.0 I'm going to be selling very soon. I bought the car when I had high hopes of replicating the 914 my dad gave me as a first car, and giving it to him as a gift. I realized after having twins that this was never going to happen, and bought a restored 914 for him instead.

The car is not running. Was parked in the desert a long time. The guy I got it from said he got it to crank but never got it running. Car is complete (trim, interior, top, fog lights, center console...) needs a complete restoration. Has webers, no fuel injection parts. Body is mostly straight and mostly rust-free (rear trunk has some holes, battery tray is rusty). Car was originally yellow, now black, needing full respray. GA engine code, number scratched off. I'll throw in a set of vintage Minilites. Price is $2000. Clean title, non-op, with CA blue plates.

I'll get photos up next week. Trying to gauge interest.

any pics, has it sold ?
flynt
Sorry fellas, super busy at work today. I have photos, I'll be uploading shortly.
Thanks to anybody who has reached out via PM and here in the thread. I wasn't anticipating this level of interest.
flynt
Click to view attachment
flynt
It turns out I was wrong - the paint tag indicates this car was black originally (code L041) So I imagine the parts showing yellow under the black were replacements for accident damage.
Also - A rodent has made a home behind the seat pad. It looks old, but I'll have to clean that out.
I'll get photos of the underside tomorrow. It was wet after cleaning the car and I didn't get a chance this morning.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
dlee6204
The car is also a ‘74
flynt
Thanks Doug - Looking at the VIN, you are correct.
Here are photos of the underside, the rust-prone spots. I'll pull the rockers and update with photos when I can.

Also - If I get to keep the Minilite wheels I'll let the interested parties know, if they pass I'll post an ad. Follmer license plate frames are staying with me.
Tdskip
Thanks
flynt
Photos are making me think I should keep it and recondition the shell and use R8CERX 2.7RS-spec stuff in this car! wacko.gif wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.