Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-V8 Conversion Reference Manual
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
David.laRuse
Does anyone have a 914-V8 Conversion Reference Manual sitting around collecting dust? Please email me if you do. Thanks, David.
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Jan 28 2019, 05:47 PM) *

Does anyone have a 914-V8 Conversion Reference Manual sitting around collecting dust? Please email me if you do. Thanks, David.

This is the only thing I can find on a V8 conversion manual. Pretty old.

Renegade sells the most popular (and complete?) kit.

Kennedy Engineering Products makes adapters, flywheels, clutches if you want to make or source the rest of the needed parts.
pt_700
i have old printed instructions and photos that came with my rod simpson kit and might be persuaded to make copies if you'd like.
burton73
If you could help a guy out with a Rod instruction manual it would be a big help. Do you have a scanner? I would pay!
Rod is out of Biz. Phone is disconnected. I have been going to him from 1978 on

Thanks,

Bob Burton
1970-1914
I would also be really interested in getting my hands on a copy to help with my build.
pt_700
i'll make some time in the next several days to dig into my file cabinet and start scanning. as i'd expect files too big to email, if you have an on-line place where i can upload, i'll use that.

please pm me with the specifics (and to remind me, ha ha!).

i'd imagine rod's quite old by now if he hasn't already moved on... i had the pleasure of meeting him at his place way back in the 90's.

one of these days (perhaps as my retirement project?) i really do intend to use all those kit parts i purchased from him so many years ago...

then again, as our values appreciate, perhaps i should just buy a completed car and let someone who likes stock have at mine...
dyckster
I have an Ed Ducy manual I would sell
Rand
QUOTE(dyckster @ Jan 30 2019, 01:59 PM) *

I have an Ed Ducy manual I would sell

I bought the Ed Ducey one too in 2004 or so. What I found is, a live forum like this is way better than pages in a binder. Things change.
jimkelly
i'll assume you are thinking about building a sbc v8 car.

i will just say you should also give serious consideration to a suby build, not necessarily turbo.

with suby build you can use suby and and trans and no adaptor parts. cradle, axles, and shift assy, are biggest challenges.

see links to both v8 and suby conversions in my signature.

good luck!
pt_700
i've finished scanning, the text is about 7-8 mb & the photos about 200-500 kb each. should be small enough for a couple of emails.

pm me your emails if you'd like me to send. here are a couple pics.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
David.laRuse
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Jan 31 2019, 10:39 AM) *

i'll assume you are thinking about building a sbc v8 car.

i will just say you should also give serious consideration to a suby build, not necessarily turbo.

with suby build you can use suby and and trans and no adaptor parts. cradle, axles, and shift assy, are biggest challenges.

see links to both v8 and suby conversions in my signature.

good luck!

If you could email me the Reference Manual pages you scanned I would be in your debt. wendyanddavid@hotmail.com Thank you David.
Steve
Does anyone have this Manuel laying around or a link to a copy or something similar?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.