Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickyTicky
Hey guys long time no see (or post). Joined years ago when I inherited my fathers '74 2.0L, my first Porsche. Today, the car runs great after a complete engine rebuild but I have the worst itch now to just continue to work on it. I remember going to this meet for years with him as a kid for 911 parts and now I finally have a vested interest in going for myself.
I'm wondering if there's a thread on here (can't find it) or does anyone have an idea as to what kind of 914 vendors are going to be there? How many of you are planning on being a vendor? Looking for several things... Thanks guys!!!

ps here's a pic of my loveClick to view attachment
mepstein
You can find parts at hershey but nothing that you can't find on 914world. But Hershey is a lot of fun. Great to put faces to the names, geek out on 914's and Porsches and buy stuff you don't need. It's fun and worth the trip. Just be aware that most of the vendors pack up by noon/1pm so get there when it opens so you have time to look, chat, look some more.
GaroldShaffer
I agree with Mark. I make the 11+ hour drive to be there and bring my truck & trailer full of crap Valuable parts biggrin.gif There are others that will be there too with 914 parts. Come on out and enjoy the hunt for what you need / want.
Unobtanium-inc
Swap meets are especially good for picking up things that are too big to ship, but there can also be great deals. I do my last minute walk around and people are literally throwing parts at me that they don't want to take home.
You can even dumpster dive at the end of the day, yes I've found great things left next to the trash cans, once found a Deep Six FUCH that way.
We are in booth C70 usually, see ya there!
Luke M
Well well another Western NY 914. I'm 45 mins east of you right off Rt. 90.
I have several 914 parts. Send me a pm with what you may need.

beerchug.gif
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Jan 29 2019, 09:06 PM) *

I agree with Mark. I make the 11+ hour drive to be there and bring my truck & trailer full of crap Valuable parts biggrin.gif There are others that will be there too with 914 parts. Come on out and enjoy the hunt for what you need / want.

How about a side by side picture with todays weather!
r_towle
What are you looking for?
RickyTicky
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 30 2019, 10:52 PM) *

What are you looking for?

Steering wheel (preferably with horn button)
Transmission mounts for rear
Brakes
Sideview mirrors
Distributor (centrifuge)
Fog Lamps and Grills
Tracks for driver seat
Starter & Alternator
Header/Muffler 1 5/8
Carpets
Jack/wrench
Horn
Sway bars
Windshield

Can anyone help this year?
Spoke
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 29 2019, 11:10 PM) *

... Hershey is a lot of fun...

agree.gif

The only ding I have with Hershey in April is the weather. Snow is not out of the question. Cold weather and rain is prevalent in PA in April. However seeing all the Porsche's of all types is a blast. I've brought my 930 and 914 and had fun in both.

Also you never know what you might find as a bargain. Late in the day I saw a very nice rear chrome bumper. Price was $150. I offered $50. Wifey got on the phone and husband said $65. Sold!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.