Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) June 7-9 2019:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
siverson
Hiya -

Maybe I missed it, but what exactly is the schedule?

Other than the banquet at 12:30 on Saturday, when are the drives scheduled to start and are there any other "events" (car show?)?

As a semi-local (San Diego), I'm trying to figure out if when I need a hotel room or not.

-Steve
914_7T3
QUOTE(siverson @ May 16 2019, 11:29 AM) *

Hiya -

Maybe I missed it, but what exactly is the schedule?

Other than the banquet at 12:30 on Saturday, when are the drives scheduled to start and are there any other "events" (car show?)?

As a semi-local (San Diego), I'm trying to figure out if when I need a hotel room or not.

-Steve

@siverson

Spoiler Alert

Drives are all in the mornings with the following departure times:

Friday 8:10am
Saturday 9:14am
Sunday 7:10am for Super Car Sunday
Sunday 10:00am for Neptune's Net

Car Show Friday afternoon with Peoples Choice Awards 4:00pm-6:00pm
Saturday Awards Banquet 12:30pm-3:30pm
Saturday Tech Sessions 4:00pm-6:00pm

Official schedules will be emailed after the weekend.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 16 2019, 12:35 PM) *

unsure.gif confused24.gif yawn.gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2019, 05:52 PM) *

It works in my favor coming from Delaware but I'll be packing it in early each night.
Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2019, 02:52 PM) *

lol-2.gif
sb914
Come on people, there’s tons more locals who haven’t chimed in.
Just come for drives if anything.
siverson
Great, thanks for the info. I'll be there for at least Friday and Saturday. Vrooom!

-Steve
914_7T3
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2019, 02:52 PM) *

Friday is good for locals that can get away on a Friday and optional for out of towners. Newcomb's Ranch opens at 9:00am specifically for the local Porsche community. It's a great drive and will allow interested parties to experience the local So Cal Porsche culture! Thus the participation in Super Car Sunday as well!

Experience as much or as little of it as you like. driving.gif
db9146
I won't be able to make it to WCR but I'd like a shirt!!

Anyone interested in a trade of a new, never worn 2018 Okteenerfest event short sleeve t-shirt?

XL for XL?

Let me know.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Hey All,

Sorry for lagging - I'm also semi-local and planning/hoping to join some of the festivities, but don't need a hotel. My 914 may be out of action, not sure, but I should be able to make the Sat lunch and Supercar Sunday portion.

Can I please get on the list as a partial/maybe attendee?

Thanks
914_7T3
Moved this over from the Registration Thread! This tech session from @bdstone914 is sure to be a highlight of the event.............along with everything else!!! beerchug.gif

bdstone914 post May 16 2019, 07:27 PM
Post #39

bdstone914

Wes and I signed up today.

Planing a demo and video recording of pedal set R & R and related tasks like clutch and accelerator cable hook up, Pedal board R & R.

Plan it for it after the banquet Saturday afternoon.

Bruce

#1 Rebuilder of Pedal Sets for 914 and 911 Porsche
914_7T3
T minus 21 Days!!!

So far we have only received 1/2 of the email registrations for T-shirts and Awards Banquet to westcoastram19@gmail.com

Registration closes in 11 days, so please send your email registrations ASAP! It's going to be one Helluva 914 Party!

party.gif
Larmo63
In four hours and 5 minutes, it's going to be 20 days until WCR 2019.

beerchug.gif
914_teener
Went up 39....more water in the resivor than I have seen in quite a while.
914_7T3
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 18 2019, 03:25 PM) *

That's our new route for Saturday. Not going to mess with possible closures on GMR or E Fork Rd.

Going to drive up to the lookout for an Epic photo shoot and drone footage. Awesome road and no one gets lost! One way up & One way down! first.gif

Click to view attachment
iankarr
looks awesome. I assume it isn't straight up like it looks on the map wink.gif. Check out the virtual drive...

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1647411,-11...3312!8i6656

Thanks to @914_7T3 , @valcooscar and the rest of the gang giving of their time to make this WCR amazing for everyone!
914_teener
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 18 2019, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ May 18 2019, 03:25 PM) *

That's our new route for Saturday. Not going to mess with possible closures on GMR or E Fork Rd.

Going to drive up to the lookout for an Epic photo shoot and drone footage. Awesome road and no one gets lost! One way up & One way down! first.gif

Click to view attachment

Good call Jeff. Lots to see there and plenty of big pull off areas. Maybe a small group up GMR....but I doubt it will be open.
914_7T3
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ May 18 2019, 06:00 PM) *

looks awesome. I assume it isn't straight up like it looks on the map wink.gif. Check out the virtual drive...

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1647411,-11...3312!8i6656

Thanks to @914_7T3 , @valcooscar and the rest of the gang giving of their time to make this WCR amazing for everyone!

@Cuddy_k Straight as an arrow and pretty flat as well as we climb to over 5,000 ft. as per the top portion of the route on Google Earth.

laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

Here is some background info on this route.

Located in the San Gabriel Mountains of California, in USA, a northerly portion of Highway 39, also known as San Gabriel Canyon Road, has been closed since 1978. The estimated cost to repair the highway is $100 million

The road is closed indefinitely to automobile traffic because of persistent landslides along its route. Route 39 is one of the more varied state highways in the Los Angeles area but portions of the road are partially covered in dirt or badly eroded. It’s passable by foot or bike, as major sections are completely washed out down the west side of Mount Islip into the canyon below. The zone seasonally receives extreme snow levels, avalanches, and rock slides. The road is asphalted, and pretty steep, with a 7% grade average. The local geology and slope instability continue to impede necessary water flow, and cause extreme flooding of the roadway at times. The last 4.4 miles of SR-39 that intersects with SR-2 (the Angeles Crest Highway) at Islip Saddle, and the biggest problem area, reaches an elevation of 6,500 feet at the highway’s highest point; it has been closed since 1978 due to a major rock slide.
mkinne
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 18 2019, 11:40 AM) *

Early Morning Scouting Run!

driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif

Saw you guys heading down as I was heading up bye1.gif ... on two wheels sunglasses.gif
IPB Image

The cafe/store at Crystal Lake was open and makes a great place to hang out, checking out bikes n stuff
IPB Image

No P-cars, but there was a group of very nice old Datsun's
IPB Image

-M

ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2019, 06:52 PM) *

Obviously, he meant to say 9:14am Andy. blink.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(mkinne @ May 19 2019, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 18 2019, 11:40 AM) *

Early Morning Scouting Run!

Saw you guys heading down as I was heading up bye1.gif ... on two wheels sunglasses.gif

The cafe/store at Crystal Lake was open and makes a great place to hang out, checking out bikes n stuff

No P-cars, but there was a group of very nice old Datsun's

-M

Those guys, I saw. We should be able to work that into the schedule on the way down. Plenty of time!
914_7T3
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 19 2019, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2019, 06:52 PM) *

Obviously, he meant to say 9:14am Andy. blink.gif

Nope, I'll set up a wake-up call for you guys at 0 dark thirty! Just ping me your room numbers!

lol-2.gif
76-914
I remember those. I had a blue Datsun 2000 in 1969.
This is shaping up to be a great reunion so I wanted to make this gentle suggestion. Don't be "that guy" that holds everyone else up because they failed to fill up the night before; needs some air in their tire, etc. There will be enough "naturally occurring 914 problems" to repair in the parking lot. Being somewhat local, I didn't get a room for Thursday. With Friday AM traffic being as it is I'd better leave Temecula by 5:30am so we don't hold anyone up. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
Is 5:30 early enough?
76-914
My wife will be nuclear @ that time of the morning. Don't want to tip the canoe. biggrin.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 20 2019, 09:25 AM) *

This is shaping up to be a great reunion so I wanted to make this gentle suggestion. Don't be "that guy" that holds everyone else up because they failed to fill up the night before; needs some air in their tire, etc. There will be enough "naturally occurring 914 problems" to repair in the parking lot. Being somewhat local, I didn't get a room for Thursday. With Friday AM traffic being as it is I'd better leave Temecula by 5:30am so we don't hold anyone up. beerchug.gif

There is a Shell Station directly across the street from the hotel as well as the commercial center that houses the Panera so no lame excuses like, "Hey, can we find a Shell Station as my car only runs on V-Power fuel?"

slap.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 20 2019, 01:27 PM) *

There is a Shell Station directly across the street from the hotel as well as the commercial center that house the Panera so no lame excuses like, "Hey, can we find a Shell Station as my car only runs on V-Power fuel?"

slap.gif

But does it have E85? wub.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 20 2019, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 20 2019, 01:27 PM) *

There is a Shell Station directly across the street from the hotel as well as the commercial center that house the Panera so no lame excuses like, "Hey, can we find a Shell Station as my car only runs on V-Power fuel?"

slap.gif

But does it have E85? wub.gif

@Andyrew Not sure, better just order a 54 gallon drum for the parking lot! poke.gif

https://petroleumservicecompany.com/sunoco-...lMaAvmyEALw_wcB
914_7T3
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 13 2019, 08:00 AM) *

Anyone bringing a drone? It would be nice to get some drone footage
Of 70 cars plus !

@sb914 Don't worry, we've got it covered. Its going to be EPIC!

first.gif

StratPlayer
Tired of this cold wet weather, hoping we have great weather for the WCR.
wes
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 21 2019, 03:54 PM) *

Tired of this cold wet weather, hoping we have great weather for the WCR.

agree.gif I’ve been wanting to get some miles on before the trip down but rain just doesn’t make for top off driving.gif spirited driving.
Cairo94507
My brother and I are going to be there for Saturday then leaving Sunday morning. I am looking forward to a nice weekend of seeing lots of 914's and friends. beerchug.gif
wes
Times getting close are there any thoughts of getting a group to drive down from the SF Bay Area south to the hotel?
914_7T3
For those World Members that have initially forwarded their email addresses and have yet to respond to the registration thread, please email your registrations to westcoastram19@gmail.com prior to the My 28th deadline!

Thank you.

beer3.gif

jim_hoyland
Countdown : 14 days.....
914_7T3
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 22 2019, 04:18 AM) *

Countdown : 14 days.....

16 Actually! Don't rush the event organizers!

laugh.gif

If you have registered to westcoastram19@gmail.com, you should have the weekend's event schedule in your inbox!

914SIXXation
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 11 2019, 11:55 AM) *

Working on different award design for some categories.

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Hi Oscar,
I'm new to 914WORLD and just wanted to compliment you on your creativity with your awards you are making for WCR. I've heard nothing but great comments about you.We are looking forward to meeting you and other 914WORLD members at WCR. Thanks to you, SocalAndy and 914_7T3 for all of the tremendous work you are putting into this event! See you in June! driving-girl.gif
P.S. Awesome car.....
r_towle
Is Rick going this year?

silly @ thing does not work for rick, he has a space in his name.

Ricky???
Wanna fly in and share a rental for the weekend?

I am tempted.

rich
StratPlayer
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 21 2019, 07:28 PM) *

For those World Members that have initially forwarded their email addresses and have yet to respond to the registration thread, please email your registrations to westcoastram19@gmail.com prior to the My 28th deadline!

Thank you.

beer3.gif

Can anyone post the schedule in a pdf format here?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 22 2019, 09:32 PM) *

Is Rick going this year?

silly @ thing does not work for rick, he has a space in his name.

Ricky???
Wanna fly in and share a rental for the weekend?

I am tempted.

rich

Sorry, no can do. Busy healing, working and planning a new house build. Maybe next year dry.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 22 2019, 07:36 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 21 2019, 07:28 PM) *

Thank you.

beer3.gif

Can anyone post the schedule in a pdf format here?

Many prefer that this information be given directly to registered participants and not be made available to the general public. If you need a.pdf copy, I’d be glad to provide it to you directly. Thanks.
914_teener
Ok..Paypal sent yesterday.

It will be good to see old friends and especially our Northern cousins from 2015 and some out of state folks along with a few new cars.

Thanks to Jeff to organizing and as always Oscar.

Bitter sweet for me selling my car this year. I will hang out here from time to time but probably not as much.

See all in a couple of weeks.

Rob
sb914
You’ll be back in a 914 !
ConeDodger
I’m out. I may show up for Saturday but I had an employee who got injured off the job and I’ll have to cover...
914_7T3
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 24 2019, 02:33 PM) *

I’m out. I may show up for Saturday but I had an employee who got injured off the job and I’ll have to cover...

Oh No, hopefully they will be OK! Please keep us updated.
Robarabian
I am happy to help. I can scout, sweep, lead.. I am available... a group scouting run would be fun in the greater malibu area smile.gif

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 8 2019, 07:08 PM) *

Call for Volunteers!

@914_teener @7TPorsh @Mike D @914-300Hemi @jbcottrell @craig downs @Robarabian @don-6

If there any Locals that would like to Lead or Sweep for our WCR drives please let me know. We may run in several smaller groups of 12-16 so there is room for everyone to participate.

We can even organize a few scouting runs. Thanks in advance!

I'll be running the Outlaw 986 for WCR weekend!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

strawman
The ECU in my Suby EJ255 swap is still incommunicado, so my car will stay at home (again!). But I’ll come down from SLO to see everyone, check out the cool cars, and hang out.
Larmo63
Less than 13 days out........ cheer.gif
MoveQik
Car is dialed in and ready for a run across the desert to LA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.