Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) June 7-9 2019:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
second wind
QUOTE(dw914er @ Jun 6 2019, 10:17 PM) *

I wish I could be there. A 3 month old and a sticking throttle cable (I need to rebuild the pedal cluster) means no WCR.

Congratulations!!! Take care of baby mama and baby and we will be here when you get a minute......which is never so don't worry about it!! Enjoy your best days!!
All the best,
gg
FlacaProductions
Work claims me and takes me out of town otherwise, even with the 914 in Indiana and not L.A. I was looking forward to stalking the drives! Have fun!
JRust
Funny one of the crew of my flight with Allegient stopped me because of my 914 sweatshirt. Says hey I have a 914 I race in the Lemons. My dad actually owned Easy in CA. Nice! Get a little 914 talk before I even get there.
Chris914n6
On my way, see you all at the Banquet chowtime.gif

driving.gif
rbecker
I will be attending the Glendora mtn. drive on Saturday. Work had me out of town but I was able to make it back in town just this afternoon. It'll be me and a +1. What time do we meet at the hotel on Saturday morning for the drive, I cant find it anywhere.
914-300Hemi
We meet at the hotel at 7am for breakfast and leave for the drive at 9:14 am.
rbecker
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 7 2019, 05:18 PM) *

We meet at the hotel at 7am for breakfast and leave for the drive at 9:14 am.

Appreciate the quick response, I'll be there. Thanks!
Andyrew
Going to Claim jumpers for some grub smile.gif
jcd914
Just to put this out there.
I'm looking for a seat for tomorrow morning's drive.

Geoff (strawman) is also looking.

Jim
oldschool
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 7 2019, 09:38 PM) *

Just to put this out there.
I'm looking for a seat for tomorrow morning's drive.

Geoff (strawman) is also looking.

Jim

I saw a bunch of solo drivers....should not be hard.
If you jump in with me your going to hear Disco blink.gif
mkinne
Think I saw more 914s on the road today than I have seen total in the ~40 yrs I have had my car.
Very cool thumb3d.gif

Ignition switch started acting up just when it was time to leave Newcombs.
Car wouldn't start. Maybe she didn't want to leave.
Luckily they are easy to bump start.

Stopped along Hwy2 to enjoy the view. Bump start.
Stopped in Wrightwood. Bump start.
Stopped to visit my parents in Devore. Bump start.

Made it home, pulled in the garage, and of course she starts normally half a dozen times headbang.gif

Knew I had a replacement switch buried somewhere in the parts boxes, so set about doing the swap.
Old switch (~15 yrs) was cracked in the usual spot, but not near as bad as some I have seen online.
Relatively easy replacement turned into a war with the evil signal-wiper combo switch assembly ar15.gif
Original auto-cancelling turn signals did not survive the battle sad2.gif

See you all in the morning driving.gif

-M
echocanyons
I have a spare seat for tomorrow’s drive
yeahmag
I’ll have a spare seat tomorrow.
craig downs
What time does the drive start tomorrow? Been busy with work on Friday and my daughters graduation today. Like to salvage at least a drive out of this.
Coondog
QUOTE(craig downs @ Jun 8 2019, 05:21 PM) *

What time does the drive start tomorrow? Been busy with work on Friday and my daughters graduation today. Like to salvage at least a drive out of this.

7am
RMGaiss
Good Morning,
I was already on the west coast when I saw this event posted. I swung by the hotel on Saturday afternoon, and was able to meet a lot of attendees. It was awesome to see so many 914's in one place. Thanks for putting together a great event.
Cairo94507
I was there with my brother, not with my car-but it is getting close. We arrived Saturday morning and left Sunday at 3:00 am to be able to get back home and get some things done before Monday. I believe the high count I heard was 54 914's. In my lifetime, and I bought a brand new 914 in 1973, I have never seen that many 914's in one place. It was a blast. Met a whole bunch of people I have talked with on the site and never seen. The coolest meet-up was Mark Epstein, Mepstein who came from the east coast to make it. Very cool meeting and talking with him in person. The drive we went on Saturday morning was a great 914 road. I was shotgun in Jim's (Banananose) stunning 6 and then on the way back he let me drive- Yes, I was nervous. I love the T-shirt design too and will of course proudly wear it. Jeff, Andy, Oscar, Eric and anyone who had their fingers in the pie, you put on a well organized, fun event. Next year, I will be there with my Six.

Cheers,
Michael
FL000
Thanks to the event organizers and hosts for putting this on! It was my wife's and I first 914 event, and we had a blast. Great people, fun drives, cool cars, and hopefully the first of many more for us.

beerchug.gif

Josh
mepstein
Oscar made this a “Bucket List” weekend for me. pray.gif

It was terrific to put a face to all the great people on the site. beerchug.gif

I will have to come back next year if only to see Michael enjoying his car and winning all the awards. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks everyone!!!

Mark
Steve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 9 2019, 03:26 PM) *

Oscar made this a “Bucket List” weekend for me. pray.gif

It was terrific to put a face to all the great people on the site. beerchug.gif

I will have to come back next year if only to see Michael enjoying his car and winning all the awards. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks everyone!!!

Mark

Pleasure meeting you in person Mark!! It was also nice to hang out again with familiar and unfamiliar faces!!

Thanks again to the event coordinators for putting this on. We all know it's a lot of work and we really appreciate it!!

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
mkinne
Well... the replacement ignition switch did not do the trick and my car refused to start saturday morning. Ah well. Jumped in the wife's CT200h and zipped over to Monrovia to lurk about for the day popcorn[1].gif

Wish my car had been a part of the gathering at the top of 39, but wasn't a bad thing to have a/c and the little CT is pretty fun on a twisty road driving.gif
... although it was maybe too easy (dangerous) to sneak up on the pedal pushers new_shocked.gif

Really enjoyed the banquet and was great to put faces to screen names. Shared a table with chi-town, mepstein, Jeff from SLO, ... sorry, I lost track. Everyone friendly and welcoming beerchug.gif

Good times thumb3d.gif

-M

ndfrigi
I believed I saw SirAndy’s car heading north of I-5 around 4:40pm a few miles before I-580. I’m heading back to SoCal after a 4 days in Sacramento.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 9 2019, 06:38 PM) *

I believed I saw SirAndy’s car heading north of I-5 around 4:40pm a few miles before I-580. I’m heading back to SoCal after a 4 days in Sacramento.

@ndfrigi

Yepp, that was us!
driving.gif
second wind
So today's drive down Las Flores in Malibu was quite a topper for the weekend. I have been up and down this road at least 1,000 times and was concerned how it would go. I even mentioned to Jeffrey that maybe we should skip it given that I have personally been T-boned on this road and yadayadayada......so anyway the road has been recently repaved and is clean and flat and perfect......so we tear down this road.....914's in front of me and behind me.....and it was the most exhilarating drive of the weekend!!! Perfect traction and 4,000 rpm in second gear going 32 mph......OMG!!! What I call a "spicy pace" with Jeffrey leading the way. No wonder he was so adamant about going this route.....OMG!!!! So at the restaurant I ask Margi what she thought of that section of the drive and she replied "loved it"!!!! And all of us guys were mumbling things like "awesome" and "shit damn" and "OMG". I am still freakin' on how much fun it was and how well 914's corner.....none better IMHO. So what a great finale. So did we all get home with no tickets no breakdowns no problems? I think so....
Thank you Jeffrey, Andy, and Oscar for stepping up and making it happen.....the last three days have been a special wonderful experience and my car still runs.....love it!!
Thank you,
gg
iankarr
Totally agree with everything said. Jeffrey, Oscar and Andy outdid themselves. And that Las Flores drive??? Wild! It truly was an epic weekend. Well worth the trip from NY. Hope to see everyone again soon!
jim_hoyland
What a fantastic WCR ! Thank you Andy, Jeffrey, Oscar, and all the other that contributed to making this WCR epic.

And, what a pleasure it was to put faces to screen names and cars.
sb914
I want to thank the organizers Oscar,Andy,Jeff,Elvira and Francine for all there hard work. What a huge undertaking. I had a blast , super fun driving with all those cars and meeting new friends. Thanks again. beerchug.gif
olsib914
WCR 2019..epic..the photos speak more than a thousand words. Thank you to Jeff, Andy and Oscar for putting this great 914 weekend together. Special thanks to Oscar for the loan of the "SUNOCO" tribute car..an E ticket ride. 914 people just rock!!

oldsib914..just another Mike...though the Marks are catching up
914-300Hemi
It was a excellent event. Thank you Jeffery, Oscar, and Andy for all the hard work.
ndfrigi
Yes congratulations Jeffrey, Oscar, Andy and to those silent supporters of this wonderful event! Even I was not able to join, still made me followed the whole event from start of the preparation till yesterday. This thread is enough to watch the progress and especially pictures that was shared. For sure more pictures for us to see later! God bless you all!
ValcoOscar
I am being asked....and YES, we really did hand out all those awards.

Winners please post award pictures w your cars so they believe me.

People's Choice: @Steve

come on chime in....

Oscar

SirAndy
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 10 2019, 09:42 AM) *

come on chime in....
Oscar

It'll have to wait, i just made coffee and i'm still in my underwear.

Nobody wants to see me in my underwear ...
shades.gif
Socalandy
Thanks everyone and great to see you all hoping you had great time. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Again a big Thank You to our raffle sponsors and their support of the 914!!! We love these guys so please support them!!!

I'm back at the grind but will be bagging up the t-shirts to ship out those orders and will post quantities of shirt sizes still available. Until next event...
Rand
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 10 2019, 08:55 AM) *

Nobody wants to see me in my underwear ...
shades.gif

Amoy, you need to fix this.
MM1
I had a blast driving Stunt and Las Flores to Neptune’s Net with all - thanks for letting me tag along! Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
MM1
WCR 2019

Neptunes NetClick to view attachment
Mueller
What a great turnout and event from seeing all the pictures.

narino
A huge thank you to the organizers Jeffery, Andy and Oscar they did a fantastic job! I'm so glad I decided to meetup even though my car wasn't able to make the event. What an amazing group of guys and gals. I should have been more involved in the community years ago.

Looking forward to meeting up with the local SoCal guys for drives in the near future. Also, hit me up if you need an extra hand working on your cars. I still consider myself a novice but happy to help and I'm a quick study.

Hope everyone got home safe!

beerchug.gif

Jorge
Steve

come on chime in....

Oscar

Here’s a couple of pictures. Thanks again for everyone that voted for me and for Oscar for making such cool trophy’s!!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mepstein
When I saw the stack of awards at Oscar’s house, I thought he had made one for each car.

Sir Andy certainly deserves his for all he’s done for World. cheer.gif
MoveQik

come on chime in....

Oscar

HUGE thanks to the organizers! Jeff, Oscar, Andy(and those behind the scenes!) . This was one of the smoothest run events I have attended and even more impressive that they kept it on time with so many cars attending! And yes, Oscar made a TON of awards! I was fortunate enough to earn two of them, Best of Show and Best interior. Thank you judges!!(your checks are in the mail biggrin.gif )

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Best Wrench award
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Longest distance driven and some other thing i must have done ...

Thanks to Oscar for making these, they are very cool. And thanks to all of you organizers for making this a great event! And thanks to everyone who came out to play!
pray.gif

IPB Image
StratPlayer
Back home. Thank you guys for such a wonderful event I had a great time.
drem914
Big Thank You! smilie_pokal.gif to everyone responsible for pulling this off. Oscar, Jeff, Andy and all the rest, what a great event. God willing, I will be around for next years event. It was great to have it this year in our back yard. Got to see some old friends, make some new ones and put some real faces to the screen handles. See the rest of you locals next weekend in Dana Point.... beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment

Best 914-4

Click to view attachment
don-6
Thank you Jeffery, Oscar and Andy for a great event.

Click to view attachment
Best Patina
drem914
@ValcoOscar
BTW how do you adjust the clock?
SirAndy
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 10 2019, 06:10 PM) *

@ValcoOscar
BTW how do you adjust the clock?

And the thermometer? Mine has been stuck at 100 all day ...
unsure.gif
76-914
QUOTE(narino @ Jun 10 2019, 11:46 AM) *

A huge thank you to the organizers Jeffery, Andy and Oscar they did a fantastic job! I'm so glad I decided to meetup even though my car wasn't able to make the event. What an amazing group of guys and gals. I should have been more involved in the community years ago.

Looking forward to meeting up with the local SoCal guys for drives in the near future. Also, hit me up if you need an extra hand working on your cars. I still consider myself a novice but happy to help and I'm a quick study.

Hope everyone got home safe!

beerchug.gif

Jorge

agree.gif A lot of time, work and energy went into this event. I haven't seen an accolade thanking Elvira and the other ladies so let me say thanks to these hard working ladies as well. Your efforts did not go unnoticed. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.