Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Ramble (WCR) June 7-9 2019:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
wes
Absolutely great event thanks to all for your hard work and planning can’t imagine how it could’ve been any better. Although I’ve been to a number of the WCR’s this was the first event that I’ve actually been able to join in with my car finally being finished and even better bringing my son Winston along after all he’s 12 years old time to get him involved.Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 9 2019, 03:26 PM) *

Oscar made this a “Bucket List” weekend for me. pray.gif

It was terrific to put a face to all the great people on the site. beerchug.gif

I will have to come back next year if only to see Michael enjoying his car and winning all the awards. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks everyone!!!

Mark

...I'll catch you at the next WCR Mark, I was able to make it to the Super Car Sunday but must have missed you !
Marty
mepstein
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 10 2019, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 9 2019, 03:26 PM) *

Oscar made this a “Bucket List” weekend for me. pray.gif

It was terrific to put a face to all the great people on the site. beerchug.gif

I will have to come back next year if only to see Michael enjoying his car and winning all the awards. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks everyone!!!

Mark

...I'll catch you at the next WCR Mark, I was able to make it to the Super Car Sunday but must have missed you !
Marty

beerchug.gif
Larmo63
It was great meeting new people, putting actual human faces with screen names.

I'll never win any award for anything, but my raffle record speaks for itself. finger.gif

Many thanks to Oscar, his wife, Jeffrey, SoCalAndy, and Jerry's wife.

Those people worked their asses off, and made the event a truly memorable weekend.

Is there a more "Hall of Fame" 914 World current member (other than those people already in the Hall) than Oscar? The guy never stops giving and working. Many kudos to you. From the heart dude.

I had fun and we did 914s this weekend. THANK YOU!!!
R8CERX
To the Organizers, the Sponsors and the great folks that I finally got to meet in person...Thank you ALL for such a great weekend!

Amazing cars, so many takes on the power plants and the colors!

Everyone has pride in ownership and love the humbleness from everyone that shared your stories and for me to understand all the technical jargon!

You guys all rock! piratenanner.gif

Looking forward to future events and gatherings--- from just some of us hanging out, to getting a lot of us for a canyon, desert or mountain drives! driving-girl.gif

R8CER X (aka Felix)
sb914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 10 2019, 07:35 PM) *

Those people worked their asses off, and made the event a truly memorable weekend.

Is there a more "Hall of Fame" 914 World current member (other than those people already in the Hall) than Oscar? The guy never stops giving and working. Many kudos to you. From the heart dude. agree.gif

oldschool
Dude....I haven't been to any WCR, So cheers to the best one yet. beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif first.gif
echocanyons
A huge thank you to all of the organizers who made this event such a great success.

Thanks to all of the great people in attendance and the excellent photographers.

Such a great weekend!Click to view attachment

Thanks for thinking of my car for the best wide body award (it’s the signal orange one in this shot)
Steve
Regarding setting the watch.. remove black plastic piece with a screwdriver. You will then notice the standard pocket watch, pull out stem, turn to adjust and push back in when done. Thanks again for the cool trophy!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 10 2019, 08:38 PM) *

Regarding setting the watch.. remove black plastic piece with a screwdriver. You will then notice the standard pocket watch, pull out stem, turn to adjust and push back in when done. Thanks again for the cool trophy!

Steve is correct

Oscar

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914_7T3
Just wanted to chime in with some final thoughts and to thank the following people and apologies upfront if I have forgotten anyone:

Andy & Oscar as co-organizers. You couldn’t ask for a better team. Beautiful Awards, Great T-shirts, Paypal & Gmail Set Up and everything that went into making this possible.

Our lovely registration ladies Elvira & Francine for keeping us organized throughout the event.

T-Shirt Designs by @oldschool

@bdstone914 & Wes for judging and their informative tech sessions!

Our awesome event sponsors, whether in attendance or not, these guys really stepped up: 914 Rubber, 914 Werke, Driven Racing Oil, MSDS, PMB Performance, Sierra Madre & Stoddard. Thank you for your continued support of the community!

Our Route Scouts, Communications Team and Sweep Cars: @914-300hemi @914_teener @robarabian It’s no small task not to lose a single car on the way! Shout out to Cal Trans & Google Earth too!

sunroofdelete @cuddy_k @Matty900 for their photography, video & drone footage that will always keep the memories of the weekend fresh in our minds. Stand by for uploads to 914 World in the near future.

Everyone who attended from locals to those up and down the coast and beyond with special mention to the Utah crew of trailer queens and of course the east coast contingent @cuddy_k & dgfriedman @mepstein Hope you enjoyed how we roll out here!

The team of Margie & Paul for your enthusiasm and presenting us with color correct 914 pillows as gifts!

The Marriott Monrovia, Newcomb’s Ranch, Bella Serra, the CHP, Dustin Troyan & Super Car Sunday, Neptune’s Net

And of course, to spend time with @SirAndy and have our fearless leader partake in the festivities was beyond awesome and we thank you for spending the weekend with all of us.

At the end of the day its all of you and your participation that made this such a great event! Truly this was a rewarding experience to jump in with Andy & Oscar to facilitate this for the community!

Only thing left to do now is complete my project and get to enjoy my 914, it’s been too long already. Hope to see you all again on a twisty road sometime soon………

Drive safely my friends! driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif

---

Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 10 2019, 07:35 PM) *

It was great meeting new people, putting actual human faces with screen names.

I'll never win any award for anything, but my raffle record speaks for itself. finger.gif

Is there a more "Hall of Fame" 914 World current member (other than those people already in the Hall) than Oscar? The guy never stops giving and working. Many kudos to you. From the heart dude.

poke.gif I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Lawrence. After all it's really just a popularity contest. happy11.gif
Larmo63
"I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Lawrence. After all it's really just a popularity contest."

I don't, I'd rather win raffles (or Powerball!!!) sheeplove.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2019, 07:39 AM) *

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Lawrence. After all it's really just a popularity contest. happy11.gif

I don't, I'd rather win raffles (or Powerball!!!)

Larmo is the Raffle King.

I'd take him to Vegas any day. beerchug.gif beer3.gif

Oscar
JmuRiz
Great photos and trophies!

Glad us other-coasters could on-line attend via these threads
Chi-town
Thanks again to all involved, great event!

Oscar And Jeffrey were great and had it handled like pros beerchug.gif

And to all the doubters, I sold the car Sunday morning that I drove Friday laugh.gif
914Toy
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 10 2019, 10:12 PM) *

Just wanted to chime in with some final thoughts and to thank the following people and apologies upfront if I have forgotten anyone:

Andy & Oscar as co-organizers. You couldn’t ask for a better team. Beautiful Awards, Great T-shirts, Paypal & Gmail Set Up and everything that went into making this possible.

Our lovely registration ladies Elvira & Francine for keeping us organized throughout the event.

T-Shirt Designs by @oldschool

@bdstone914 & Wes for judging and their informative tech sessions!

Our awesome event sponsors, whether in attendance or not, these guys really stepped up: 914 Rubber, 914 Werke, Driven Racing Oil, MSDS, PMB Performance, Sierra Madre & Stoddard. Thank you for your continued support of the community!

Our Route Scouts, Communications Team and Sweep Cars: @914-300hemi @914_teener @robarabian It’s no small task not to lose a single car on the way! Shout out to Cal Trans & Google Earth too!

sunroofdelete @cuddy_k @Matty900 for their photography, video & drone footage that will always keep the memories of the weekend fresh in our minds. Stand by for uploads to 914 World in the near future.

Everyone who attended from locals to those up and down the coast and beyond with special mention to the Utah crew of trailer queens and of course the east coast contingent @cuddy_k & dgfriedman @mepstein Hope you enjoyed how we roll out here!

The team of Margie & Paul for your enthusiasm and presenting us with color correct 914 pillows as gifts!

The Marriott Monrovia, Newcomb’s Ranch, Bella Serra, the CHP, Dustin Troyan & Super Car Sunday, Neptune’s Net

And of course, to spend time with @SirAndy and have our fearless leader partake in the festivities was beyond awesome and we thank you for spending the weekend with all of us.

At the end of the day its all of you and your participation that made this such a great event! Truly this was a rewarding experience to jump in with Andy & Oscar to facilitate this for the community!

Only thing left to do now is complete my project and get to enjoy my 914, it’s been too long already. Hope to see you all again on a twisty road sometime soon………

Drive safely my friends! driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif

---

Click to view attachment

We are a unique group with a fun hobby, made all the more outstanding by the volunteers that make these events happen, who we owe a great vote of thanks to. This posting above covers all the contributions for which I am very thankful. Again, thanks; Jeffry, Oscar, Andy, Elvira, Francine for your generous efforts that made all of this possible.
Keith - 914Toy.
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 9 2019, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 9 2019, 06:38 PM) *

I believed I saw SirAndy’s car heading north of I-5 around 4:40pm a few miles before I-580. I’m heading back to SoCal after a 4 days in Sacramento.

@ndfrigi

Yepp, that was us!
driving.gif

I knew it’s you @sirandy . and after seeing your car, been watching the north side if I will see more 914s like Elliot’s car. We even stop on those gas stations that north and south road has access just to see if I can see more who stop for a break. Well I didn’t see any 914 who attended WCR.

thanks again for your continued support especially for this site.

914_teener
Many thanks for Oscar, Jeff and Andy. While I.ve known most of the group for a while, it is always great meeting new people and sharing their enthusiasim for these cars.

On the pre-run drive Sat while scouting for some vistas for pictures I spotted a lone Cayman with New York plates. Guy had just moved out from the East Coast for work.

We drove up to the top....enthusiastically.....and waited for the group to drive up from miles away. It was quite a sight.

I turned to him and said " you won.t see that very often" He just grinned.

Thanks for the great weekend everyone and especially the organizers, and letting me hang out.

Rob
drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 10 2019, 09:22 PM) *
Steve is correct

Oscar

Thanks for the informative photos and description. Now back on West Coast time for the clock. shades.gif
mepstein
I hope whoever is responsible for the overhead photo will do a poster. I’m in.
markhoward
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 11 2019, 10:33 AM) *

agree.gif
drem914
QUOTE(markhoward @ Jun 11 2019, 11:04 AM) *

agree.gif

+1 x54 others that come to mind....
abes914

agree.gif
I am in for a poster as well.

I am also interested in buying the 914 dash trophy clock (it will make a nice office decor) smilie_pokal.gif
wes

I’d most certainly be in for poster!
Unpretentious
agree.gif Would love to get a poster of the overhead photo.
Had a great time at the WCR. Too bad we got separated from the group on Sunday's Santa Monica Mountains drive, but enjoyed the lunch at Neptune's Nest. Drove back to the Central Valley and 100+ heat yesterday. Missing the cooler So Cal coast and mountain weather. Look forward to next year's event. Thanks to all who worked so hard to pull off this great event!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Jun 11 2019, 01:34 PM) *

agree.gif Would love to get a poster of the overhead photo.
Had a great time at the WCR. Too bad we got separated from the group on Sunday's Santa Monica Mountains drive, but enjoyed the lunch at Neptune's Nest. Drove back to the Central Valley and 100+ heat yesterday. Missing the cooler So Cal coast and mountain weather. Look forward to next year's event. Thanks to all who worked so hard to pull off this great event!

Glad you got home safe Jerry...say bye1.gif to Cathy for me!!!
We missed her.

Oscar
bdstone914
Love my hood award
Sorry for the upside down oic.
second wind
Hello ....if someone will email me the picture I will make the poster.......I will do my best but don't call me Ansel yet......I want this to happen ......thank you.
All the best,
gg
second wind
QUOTE(second wind @ Jun 11 2019, 08:47 PM) *

Hello ....if someone will email me the picture I will make the poster.......I will do my best but don't call me Ansel yet......I want this to happen ......thank you.
All the best,
gg

My idea anyway.....jus' sayin'......
gg
dan10101
Many thanks to those who put in the work to make this happen. Especially the Ladies for joining us and softening it up around the edges.

What's the best way to upload a bunch of photos? Send them individually to the image thread?

I hope to have a new internet tomorrow. This .2mb upload speed is killing me.

Teaser...
Click to view attachment

tavoman27
Thank you all for the great time, couldn't attend Friday and Saturday but made it Sunday... it was a great drive.
Andyrew
Who was taking video on the freeway on Friday coming back from lunch?

I want to say it was the guy in this creme car
IPB Image

I did a little pull for him that he caught on video and I'd love to get a copy of it smile.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 12 2019, 08:24 AM) *

Who was taking video on the freeway on Friday coming back from lunch?

I want to say it was the guy in this creme car
IPB Image

I did a little pull for him that he caught on video and I'd love to get a copy of it smile.gif

Yes I got it I'll put up on you tube its to big for the site.
914oldschool

Andyrew
I thought that was you smile.gif

The site doesnt support video anyways. Youtube is perfect smile.gif
914_teener
I thought the drive into Wrightwood after lunch was one of the better drives I've done in quite some time.

The view from the overlook there was incredible that day.
914_7T3
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 11 2019, 11:16 AM) *

agree.gif

Our drone Photog will get going on cleaning up the high res pic and adding titles next week. Just need someone who is willing to spearhead the printing and order process.
dan10101
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 12 2019, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 11 2019, 11:16 AM) *

agree.gif

Our drone Photog will get going on cleaning up the high res pic and adding titles next week. Just need someone who is willing to spearhead the printing and order process.

Is there another shot with the fringe cars included? I get the idea that filling the frame with 914s looks best.
Andyrew
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 12 2019, 09:38 AM) *

I thought the drive into Wrightwood after lunch was one of the better drives I've done in quite some time.

The view from the overlook there was incredible that day.

agree.gif

I actually liked driving in the valley under the freeway quite a bit as well even though it was a very short portion of the drive.
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 12 2019, 09:01 AM) *

youtube
Montreal914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jun 12 2019, 10:15 AM) *

youtube

Link doesn't work... sad.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jun 12 2019, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Jun 12 2019, 10:15 AM) *

youtube

Link doesn't work... sad.gif

Link works but they blocked content dry.gif
FlacaProductions
Video unavailable
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
dan10101
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 12 2019, 10:12 AM) *

AWESOME!
thanks Oscar (and photog...)
SirAndy
Did some upscaling magick on the full drone shot and cropped it to only include the cars ...
type.gif

dan10101
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 12 2019, 11:12 AM) *

Did some upscaling magick on the full drone shot and cropped it to only include the cars ...
type.gif

LOL, so did I.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Jun 12 2019, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 12 2019, 11:12 AM) *

type.gif

LOL, so did I.

biggrin.gif
Ferg
Was the planned to make the cars silhouette the Millennium Falcon?
sb914
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jun 12 2019, 10:47 AM) *

Video unavailable
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

What’s WMG? And why is it blocked? Thanks .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.