Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New ( used) Porsche car for me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
Well.
I was working on a deal to buy a 914 from a seller right here on world when I looked over at Bring A Trailer for 928s that I have wanted for some time. This is my favorite color for Porsche and it is the same exterior and interior as the 86 911 Carrera I sold to Danny (DAX) in Belgium one year ago with my 76 914. I have thought that the 928S is going to climbing in value and have been looking for one for a while.

This car is original paint 44,000-mile sunroof car. Shark. just needs a little TLC and I mean just a little.
Sometimes a deal just comes together, a good day to buy for me. I got a very good deal on the buy. I just have to get it here from Maryland

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-porsche-928s-29/

Bob B

driving-girl.gif wub.gif w00t.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mountainroads
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 4 2019, 05:47 PM) *

Well.
I was working on a deal to buy a 914 from a seller right here on world when I looked over at Bring A Trailer for 928s that I have wanted for some time. This is my favorite color for Porsche and it is the same exterior and interior as the 86 911 Carrera I sold to Danny (DAX) in Belgium one year ago with my 76 914. I have thought that the 928S is going to climbing in value and have been looking for one for a while.

This car is original paint 44,000-mile sunroof car. Shark. just needs a little TLC and I mean just a little.
Sometimes a deal just comes together, a good day to buy for me. I got a very good deal on the buy. I just have to get it here from Maryland

Bob B

Wow. That looks like a really good deal on a very nice car. Love the color, too.

- MR

driving-girl.gif wub.gif w00t.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

mepstein
Pretty car. A long time ago, my girlfriends father had one he purchased new. He and I drive up to NY from NJ to see a car show. That car ate up the miles. 120 was easy and felt like 50.
914-300Hemi
Congrats on the great looking shark.

Love the color and enjoy driving it on long drives.
amfab
My dad had that color S when I was in college, always been my favorite. Very nice example
JmuRiz
Looked so nice I thought it was a local 356 friend’s, had to look it up and found his was/is an 87.

Must be lots of nice 928s in the area
Coondog
Congrats, mine was a 85, amazing fast car. Have fun.
914_7T3
Bob,

Congrats, that's a really nice low mileage example!

rolleyes.gif
Larmo63
That thing is bitchin.
PatrickB
QUOTE(burton73 @ Feb 4 2019, 09:47 PM) *

Well.

ROAD TRIP!

Bob B

Racer
My folks bought an '84S from our neighbors when the neighbor got a new S4 (in 87). Great car, and as mentioned, just eats up highway miles like its nothing. To me, the 86.5 was a sweet one.. 300hp, bigger brakes, but not the extra bulbous bumpers of the S4.

I'd say $21 for that nice 86.5 was well spent.
johnhora
Bob,
That's a good buy.
You made me go dig up some old pictures biggrin.gif
They are great cars.
Use the 914 for the twistys and the 928 for the autobahn.
It's a smooth rocket ship that will get you a ticket in a heart beat as mentioned you just don't know you're going that fast.
Hit the accelerator pedal kick down switch and the music begins on that big V8.
One of the most fun Porsches I ever owned...my wife loved to drive it. She drove it everywhere.
We took many a long trip in it. It's super comfortable.
Have fun....heck if you have the time you should fly to MD and drive it back home biggrin.gif
Our 86.5'

Click to view attachment
Bob,
Saw the 928 yesterday.. Cool color.. Great condition.. A Keeper..
Congratulations..
914/Alan
burton73
Always good to see you Alan,

Even though my 928 had a timing belt 6.5 years ago and 11,000 miles it had a Continental timing belt put in and they say that belt does not last as long as the factory ones. Anyway, the top 928 mechanics in the So Cal area says fires are common in 928 from old power steering pump hoses and electrical fire from the long battery cable to the rear of car. One of the 928 shops had a car burn up in their garage because of battery cable shorting because of insulation on that cable. I bought a 250-amp circuit breaker made just for the 928 just in case.

I am going to have it checked out completely. I am going to have a perfect car

The great thing is I have a book of everything that was done to my car from day one.

Every piece of work. Factory 5 year 50,000 mile plus the 1st owner had an extended warranty and then donated the car to charity. All in the paperwork. Very lucky to have this extensive paper work.

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mepstein
Looks great. beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
Nice thumb3d.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
928s are fabulous bargains
JmuRiz
Glad it made it there safe and sound
burton73
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 25 2019, 06:43 PM) *

Glad it made it there safe and sound

It did. Thanks for the help.

Bob B
flyer86d
I had a couple of 928s that I serviced when I had my garage. Wonderful, powerful smooth running cars that were/are bargains. The dark side of them is that they were Porsche’s top of the line car and as such, had every electrical bell and whistle that you could imagine and the damn timing belt. I think that I replaced more window and top switches and motors on those cars than any others. Also, the mid eighties cars were built before the advent of the modern wiring harness and connection. Pull up the passenger floor panel and look at the fuse panel. It’s scary! The engine wiring harness would decompose and the engine would quit. Other high line German cars had this problem also in that era though.

Charlie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.