Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best carpet set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
56kabrio
Just purchased a ‘73 2.0 and I would like to replace the carpet. Who has the closest match to the original?

Thanks

Mack
Mikey914
Depends on which carpet you need. We have an exact match to the late 72-74 German Charcoal. We make a heal pad that is like factory, and made the grommets to secure it to the floor (out of silicone so they hold very well).

When it comes to the later "salt and pepper" versions the current materials have variations in the dye lots and they are not quite the same as the OEM. Just PM me what you are looking for and I can drop a sample in the mail.
I'll also post up some pics here tomorrow.
-Mark

914Rubber.com
rgalla9146
QUOTE(56kabrio @ Feb 5 2019, 03:45 AM) *

Just purchased a ‘73 2.0 and I would like to replace the carpet. Who has the closest match to the original?

Thanks

Mack

I have the same question.
As close to original as possible is best.
Other suggestions ?
Personal experiences ?
Tom_T
Mack,

None are an exact nor very close match, & certainly nothing that you could use to just replace a few worn pieces & hope to have it look right.

If you want NOS OE carpet pieces to just replace a few that are worn, then try George at Auto Atlanta with your original carpet color & it's part &/or color code number(s). But they still won't be an exact match after all these years of fading, different dye lots, sitting on shelves for 45+ years, etc. NOS will not be cheap.

However, if it's just dirty, then you might want to first try Folex (by Waxie) which is sold in gals & spray bottles - or just buy the empty sprayer bottle & gal(s) - & Home Depot etc. sells it as well as at Waxie's website. It may take multiple steps to get them clean, but it works!

Otherwise, if you're looking to do the complete 10 piece carpet set, then there is the 914Rubber option, Autos International in Fallbrook? CA, World Upholstery in Oxnard or Ventura CA, & Lakewell.com in Europe who make the carpet sets which will be close to the loop pile in your 73 2.0 - but primarily only in black or charcoal colors - maybe tan if they still have any left.

Otherwise, for the tan, brown & white carpets you'll have to ask George if he has a full set in NOS, &/or be on the hunt for them coming up for sale.

If you buy the full sets from one of the vendors above, then I recco that you go for the better quality German material - over the Domestic, because it will last much longer with use/driving.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ConeDodger
evilgrin.gif 914rubber has a very accurate German carpet kit.

I pulled out the crappy APPBIZ kit I first bought and bought this from them...
davehg
I bought sets from AppBiz (ebay vendor who also sells the RS/GT door panels) and 914 Rubber.

Preferred the quality of the Perlon from Appbiz, and the price was the same. Plus, AppBiz will sell you custom size rolls if you want to cover the back firewall interior.
Mikey914
We can sellbulk too. Just ask. Also we have gro.mets to hold the person in place.
worn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 7 2019, 12:26 PM) *

We can sellbulk too. Just ask. Also we have gro.mets to hold the person in place.

Who you calling a grommet?
Larmo63
The AppBiz Perlon is great if you are doing a GT look.

mepstein
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 7 2019, 06:31 PM) *

The AppBiz Perlon is great if you are doing a GT look.

We buy appbiz carpet and door cards for all the 911 projects. The thing you have to remember about perlon carpet kits is they will look really cheap next to the high quality carpet kits. The perlon is all about light weight and GT look. .
rgalla9146
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 6 2019, 01:55 PM) *

evilgrin.gif 914rubber has a very accurate German carpet kit.

I pulled out the crappy APPBIZ kit I first bought and bought this from them...

Is that the German 'square weave' ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.