Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster rear caliper clearance issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I'm trying to assemble a set of Boxster calipers to trailing arms and have run into a clearance issue. The threaded flanges protrude into the space where the caliper needs to sit. I'm sure I could grind those down a touch, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and what their solution was.

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Hey Tony, sure is good to hear from you. I don't have the answer your looking for but it makes me happy to see you post. So just to side track your thread here is a picture of a foil that is going on Carerror.

Click to view attachment

Do a post about what's up with you and your car and family please...

Tony did a cable shifter about 15 years ago.
mepstein
Sometimes clearancing/grinding is needed to make things fit.
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Feb 5 2019, 11:22 PM) *

I'm trying to assemble a set of Boxster calipers to trailing arms and have run into a clearance issue. The threaded flanges protrude into the space where the caliper needs to sit. I'm sure I could grind those down a touch, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and what their solution was.

Click to view attachment

Assembled incorrectly. The adaptors go on the inboard side of the ears. Bleeders up on the calipers. The allens may be long and rub the rotor, grind them shorter. (threaded side should face out)

In my photo lower left are Richs. No mods were needed to fit. I did have to grind the pad base a little.

Tonys look like the older DW's or possibly Clints version. If you are running front and rear adaptors kits make sure the wider ones are on the rear, the narrower adaptors are for the front brakes.
Steve
Who’s adapters are those? I’m running the Rich Johnson adapters and did not run into this problem. With Rich’s adapters you do have to cut the pads a bit to fit on the rear kit. Front there is no required modifications.
TonyAKAVW
Joe: It has been forever! A LOT has happened in the intervening years, but I'm back to getting the 914 on the road again after a long hiatus. That wing looks awesome!

Jeff: Thanks! Very glad this is a SDU Error.

Steve: These are DWDesignwerks.
jim_hoyland
bye1.gif Good to see you are back Tony.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.